Bootstrap 3 template generates fatal error on first page using template on system front page

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
Bootstrap 3 template generates fatal error on front page and does not list journals. All swatches generates the same fatal error on front page.

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
Installed Bootstrap 3 template and chose it as template for main site.

What I tried to resolve the issue:
Emptied data and template cache.

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
OJS 3.3.0.8

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function eof() on array in /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php:1447 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/ojs/cache/t_compile/65bfc3e024c2e9104f46e23b73376a9455e3df0e^51cfb9321c891ada9323e7942962579e7e4324d1_0.app.frontendpagesindexSite.tp.php(60): PKPTemplateManager->smartyIterate() #1 /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_629613dcb0e848_75510584() #2 /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode() #3 /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(216): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render() #4 /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(232): Smarty_Internal_Template->render() #5 /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(134): Smarty_Internal_ in /var/www/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php on line 1447

Line 60 in the t_compile/…frontendpageindexSite.tp.php reads:
echo $_block_plugin1->smartyIterate(array(‘from’=>‘journals’,‘item’=>‘journal’), null, $_smarty_tpl, $_block_repeat);

Same problematic behavior here (OJS 3.3.0.11). Solution was to choose the “default theme” for the OJS home page. I kept the Bootstrap theme for individual journal page though.

Hello,

It could be resolve editing templates/frontend/pages/indexSite.tpl template on plugin folder, changing journal iterate by foreach

Hope it helps,

Thank you @lcmartinezru, yes indeed it worked great after changing the iterate block for “{foreach from=$journals item=journal}(…){/foreach}” and removing old paging code as stated here : Bootstrap 3 - PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getPageCount() on array