Blank screen Issue while upgrading OJS 3.1.1.4 to OJS 3.4.0-5

I am upgrading OJS 3.1.1.4 to OJS 3.4.0-5

While setting up (Uploading OJS → Install= Off in the config file) I have getting this error:

Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version “>= 8.0.2”.

After upgrading the PHP version to 8.3, I am getting the blank screen while accessing that folder from URL.

Please help me out with this issue.

@asmecher Please look into this.

Hi @loveleentak,

It looks like you solved the first problem (Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version >= 8.0.2) by configuring your server to use a newer PHP.

I am getting the blank screen while accessing that folder from URL.

Check your PHP error log to see if there are details there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you for your reply.

I am getting this error in the log:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Mailer driver isn’t specified in the application’s config in ojs-3.4.0-5/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPContainer.php:317
Stack trace:
#0 ojs-3.4.0-5/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPContainer.php(268): PKP\core\PKPContainer::getDefaultMailer()
#1 ojs-3.4.0-5/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPContainer.php(117): PKP\core\PKPContainer->loadConfiguration()
#2 ojs-3.4.0-5/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(228): PKP\core\PKPContainer->registerConfiguredProviders()
#3 ojs-3.4.0-5/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.php(200): PKP\core\PKPApplication->initializeLaravelContainer()
#4 ojs-3.4.0-5/classes/core/Application.php(50): PKP\core\PKPApplication->__construct()
#5 ojs-3.4.0-5/lib/pkp/includes/bootstrap.php(37): APP\core\Application->__construct()
#6 ojs-3.4.0-5/index.php(18): require_once(‘/home4/theshlaf…’)
#7 {main}
thrown in ojs-3.4.0-5/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPContainer.php on line 317

Hi @loveleentak,

See:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team