Blank plugins page

I am at the final configuration phase of a new journal with OJS 3.1.2-4 and somehow my plugins page is loading forever.

I dont have acess to the php error log, and if I turn on the php error log in config.inc i got several deprecated errors that make the page dont load.
I`ve changed themes to see if the page loads but nothing. I supposes it happened due to some plugin I turned on or updated, but not a clue of wich one.
There is a way of fixing this without having the php error log?

Hey @Hugo_Melo

That’s a tricky one. If it’s a plugin that doesn’t come with OJS, that would narrow it down a bit, and you can try setting the permission on the specific installed plugin directory to 000, which will make it unavailable to the web server. You could try this on one plugin at a time and hopefully eventually you find the one that is causing the problem.

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks @jnugent for the nice solution. I will try it right now and let u know if I solved it.

Well, I got into some trouble now.
I changed one of the plugins into 000, but now the system is not allowing me to change it back into 755 or even delete it.
Tried with file manager and FTP.
Any ideas @jnugent?

Hey @Hugo_Melo

Do you have shell access to the server? What OS are you using? How did you change the permission on the plugin directory?

You can try this, to reset all of them, if you have shell access. From the main plugins/ directory inside your OJS root:

find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} ;

Cheers,
Jason

No shell interface here. I searched on my server`s FAQ and aparently the folder i changed chmod is lost for good.

Hey @Hugo_Melo

You should still own the folder though. The owner of a folder can always change the permissions back.

Cheers,
Jason

@jnugent @asmecher

Can u guide me on how to disable plugins direct from database.
I realised that every plugin have a setting_name “enabled” together with a “setting_value”, normally 1. Should i input a new number to turn the respective plugin off?

There is a way to turn only the plugins table into default without having to make a fresh install?

You can set that value to 0 to turn the plugin off. The problem is that occasionally the presence of the code itself may be enough to break things, especially on the back end when the plugins grid is trying to load the grid and the plugin categories. It would still need to call certain methods within the plugin.

Cheers,
Jason

If you do change the database value, be sure to also flush your data caches via the administration section in your journal. And I would definitely raise the issue of not having access to your logs with your server provider. Losing access to directories because of a chmod setting and/or not having log access sounds quite non-standard.

Regards,
Jason

Thank you so much @jnugent. Somehow I managed to make plugins work again but setting the “setting_value” to 0 for some plugins.
In the case someone comes here with the same problem, I am think it may be the Bootstrap theme, the classic theme or paypal plugin.