Blank Page Installation 2.4.8-1

Hi there!
I’m trying to install OJS 2.4.8-1 on my host. Yet the infamous “blank page” during installation is here to stay!
I have set Cache, Public, Files folders and all sub-folders as well as the Config.php as 777.
Any suggestion, please? Thanks very much.

Here’s the url:
http://cfstudies.org/ojs/index.php/index/install

And here is what appears to be wrong:
ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() In file: /home/cfstudie/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php At line: 298 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.4.45 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql
ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() In file: /home/cfstudie/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php At line: 298 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.4.45 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql
ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cfstudie/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:381) In file: /home/cfstudie/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php At line: 340 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.4.45 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql
ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cfstudie/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:381) In file: /home/cfstudie/public_html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php At line: 343 Stacktrace: Server info: OS: Linux PHP Version: 5.4.45 Apache Version: N/A DB Driver: mysql

Hi @Shaw2360,

Is that the entire PHP error log? I don’t see anything relevant there. Two other common causes of this are a missing PHP MySQL module, and a server execution time limit that’s too short.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,
Yes, that’s what’s shown when you hit the page. Nothing more than this.
Pardon my very limited background in coding, but how can I fix this?
Thanks!

Hi @Shaw2360,

Have you tried looking into either of my suggestions above?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher ,
Thanks very much for your suggestions; that fixed the issue.
However, now that the installation is successfully done, when the browser is directed to the url is shows the root/index of my host as follows:
index of:

cgi-bin
files
ojs

In other words, it does NOT load the journal site as one would want!
Any suggestions, please?
Thanks very much in advance!

Hi @Shaw2360,

Have you manually modified your config.inc.php, e.g. setting some of the base_url[...] configuration directives?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi there! I’m trying to install OJS 2.4.8-1 on my host. Yet the infamous “blank page” during installation is here to stay! I have set Cache, Public, Files folders and all sub-folders as well as the Config.php as 777. Any suggestion, please? Thanks very much. Here’s the url: http://cfstudies.org/ojs/index.php/index/install And here is what appears to be wrong: ojs2 has produced an error Message: WARNING: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() In file: /home/cfstudie/public_html/ojs/lib/pk