Authors unable to view reviewer comments outside of attachments or discussions?

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a workflow problem or a technical problem, but I recently noticed that authors don’t seem to be able to view reviewer comments entered into the “For author and editor” form field from anywhere within their OJS dashboard. It seems like there are a few places to view discussions and attachments from reviewers and editors, but not those comments. If those comments are included in the outgoing email along with the editorial decision, that attachment isn’t included anywhere I can see (and it doesn’t seem to be recorded in the Activity Log either).

Is this a bug, or is the expectation to copy/paste these comments into a new discussion?

Currently using OJS 3.3.0.5.

Thanks!

Still looking for some help on this. I feel like there should be an easier way for authors to receive and view comments on their submissions from within OJS. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Hi @mhunter2,

Are you using a review form and have the “Included in message to author” option: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/settings-workflow#review-forms ?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi Roger,

No, the reviews are only being submitted through the webform supplied natively by OJS. The comments are being included in the “For author and editor” field and then being lost. Is there not a way for authors to retrieve these comments from within OJS?

-Matt

Hi @mhunter2,

Do you know if the editor has imported the reviews: Author's problem - #6 by asmecher ?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hello. We are having the same issue, and I don’t see any option to “import peer reviews.” Is this documented somewhere for OJS 3.3? We are on OJS 3.3.0.10. Thanks.

Hi @ej2432,

Please see the documentation here: https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/learning-ojs/en/editorial-workflow#request-revisions

Note that in more recent versions it’s labelled “Add Reviews to Email”

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi, @rcgillis. This is very helpful, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.