Author submissions won't upload

Hello,

I just started using OJS and am trying to upload the first manuscript for our new journal. When I get to the submission page and choose the file to upload and click upload, nothing happens and the file doesn’t upload. I’ve read through many threads. I don’t think it is a file size issue as I get the same response to any file size. It may be a permission issue but I’m not sure how to fix this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric

Hi @ewenz33,

Try walking through the FAQ entry on file permissions, and if that doesn’t resolve it, post how far you got.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for your quick reply. I looked through the FAQ previously and see that the permissions may need to be changed (if this is even the issues causing failure to upload?), and I can view them under system information under site administration, but I don’t know how to change them?

Apologies for my naivete.

Hi @ewenz33,

File permissions are set outside of the OJS environment, usually within CPanel using its file manager or similar. The details will depend on your hosting provider and unfortunately they vary enough that it’s hard for me to provide specific guidance.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team