Author Submission Notification Email Bug

Hi,

I understand that when an author has sent a submission, an automatic email will be delivered to the Journal’s email that we have set somewhere (I think it’s at the Settings>Journal>Contact and at the “Mailing Address”). I have multiple journals in OJS (version 3.0.2) and the bug that I have been noticing is that for example, if an author submit an article in Journal A, supposedly the email account of journalA@gmail.com (example) would receive the automatic notification by email, but the thing is the email account of journal B gets the notification email.

I have checked the email address in Settings>Journal>Contact and at the “Mailing Address” for both journals and it is correct.

Can someone kindly help me to fix this issue, and I’m really sorry for my english and my bad explaination I hope someone can understand.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @iqbalhanafi,

I would suggest upgrading – OJS 3.0.2 is pretty old.

Are your Journal B editors also enrolled as editors in Journal A? If so, they might be getting notifications because OJS wasn’t sure who should be assigned as an editor to the submission.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Yes, the same editor is enrolled to multiples of journals. Are you saying that if we upgrade to the latest version of OJS (3.1.1), this bug will not occur again? And if we do upgrade, would all the data from the previous version of OJS will be deleted?

Thank you.

Hi @iqbalhanafi,

No, upgrading to 3.1.1 probably won’t resolve this issue, but it’s a good idea anyway.

If you have the same user active in the other journal, they may legitimately be receiving notifications because no editor was automatically assigned and OJS wants someone to notice the submission coming in. In that case it may email all editors.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

Thank you for your explaination. I will consider to upgrade OJS to the latest version.

Iqbal Hanafi