Author can not upload revision file

Hi,
Thanks again.
An author notified me as she could not upload a revision file. When I logged in as that user, I get the same error.
When I try to upload the revision file by selecting the previous file (not uploading a new file), the error message says “the current role does not have access to this operation”. When I click CLOSE, the error message is. displayed in red color.

There is no fatal error in php log at this time. I disabled warning messages, so I can’t see them.
I can upload the revision file as journal manager and notification email comes to the editors.
I don’t know if other users and reviewers will face to the same error.
Best Regards,
Ugur Kocak
Server Environment: Linux OS, PHP version 5.6.29, Apache 2.2, database driver mysql, Database server version 5.6.34.

Hi @drugurkocak,

I would suggest patching this issue to see if it resolves the problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi all,

We’ve applied this patch and our code is up to date as per this issue, but we’ve had a handful of authors and articles affected by this bug recently. We are running 3.1.1.2. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jordan

Hi asmacher,

I have the same problem in my ojs 3.1.2.4. Tell me that I must apply some patch to resolve this problem?

Regards, Paweł

Hi @Pawel2020,

Can you confirm that you see exactly the same message as in the screenshot at the top of the thread?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi asmecher,

This is exactly the same message. See my screenshot.

upload_review

Regards, Paweł

Hi asmacher,

This user which cannot upload file has the roles: author, reviewer and reader. Any sugesstions what I can do or check?

Regards, Paweł

Hi @Pawel2020,

Who uploaded the file that you have selected to revise, and where in the system did they upload it?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I am sorry that I did not answer so long, but I did not receive a response from the editor of the journal, and probably, it was posted by the editor, so probably the author could not upload the file. The question is, can you check who uploaded the file in some way from admin account?

Regards, Paweł

Hi @Pawel2020,

The submission event log should contain some useful information, as will the database tables submission_files and submission_file_settings (for the correct file_id and revision).

Regards,
Alec Smecher