Ask for OJS theme footer

Hello!

Really thank you for pointing as he could not add themewas activated. I would like to ask your opinion if you know how I add a footnote to the style of this website:http://www.methaodos.org/revista-methaodos/index.php/methaodos

My question is, there are modules that you create thisfootnote? Or on the contrary they should be within thetemplate theme?

Thanks again beforehand.

Hi @gardbeat,

You might try to contact the site’s administrator to see if they’d be willing to describe what they did – but I suspect they did quite a bit of template modification. There’s a “footer” field in Setup step 5, but you could also work with the template files directly – for example, lib/pkp/templates/common/footer.tpl.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello! I have written an email and do not answer me. I tried adding code to a foot page and not working. Please find attached a screenshot of the result and the lines of code used to see if you can tell me that would have to change. Very grateful in advance.

Agrego al final del fichero templates/common/footer.tpl esto:

<div id="divPiePagina">
<p>el contenido del pie de página</p>
</div>

y luego algo así en styles/sidebar.css

#divPiePagina p {
font-size: 12px;
float: left;
background-color: blue;
width: 90%;
height: 70px;
margin-top: 200px;
padding-left: 100px;
padding-top: 15px;
line-height: 15pt;
}

Hi @gardbeat,

It’s a little hard to read this – make sure you use the “code” tool and watch the preview window when you’re posting code. I can’t necessarily help you with specific modifications but if I can spot the problem I’ll point it out.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I am attaching the code …

templates/common/footer.tpl

<div id="divPiePagina">
<p>el contenido del pie de página</p>
</div>

styles/sidebar.css

#divPiePagina p {
font-size: 12px;
float: left;
background-color: blue;
width: 90%;
height: 70px;
margin-top: 200px;
padding-left: 100px;
padding-top: 15px;
line-height: 15pt;
}

In the screenshot above I put this line of code gets my foot in the blue zone frame, but want to appear in the red zone, as it could do?

Hi @gardbeat,

Your question is more about HTML and CSS than about OJS; I’d suggest checking some CSS resources about page footers like this one:

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Sorry asmecher.

But I continue without making it look the way you want . It will be for the version of OJS I use ? I hope your help … thanks !

No one can help me?

Thanks!!

@gardbeat, you’ll need to be aware of multiple templates to pull this off. There is a templates/common/footer.tpl in the application root, and another in the shared library (lib/pkp/templates/common/footer.tpl).

The positioning you describe likely indicates that you are either editing the application footer instead of the library footer, or that you are placing the code in the wrong spot in the library footer.

Can you be more specific as to where you are adding the new <div>?