Article statistics, Metrics stopped updating

Greeting of the day

We have updated from ojs3.2.1 to ojs3.2.1-1. There was a problem with plugin updates which was resolved by a change in code. Everything was going fine however for the last 2 days, the metrics from paperbuzz, and total downloads are stopped updating new counts. New articles published does not show any available metrics even after 72 hours. The article stats in the dashboard are also not showing any updates in abstract views or file views, not it is updating a list of more articles published even after 72 hours.
KIndly help us
Best Regards
Bilal

Hi @blmirza,

There weren’t major changes between 3.2.1 and 3.2.1-1 that would explain this, I don’t think. Check your PHP error for anything relevant, and files with paths starting scheduledTaskLogs/Usagestatisticsfileloadertask- in your files_dir. Make sure that you didn’t accidentally change the base_url setting in your config.inc.php when you upgraded.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

[2020-07-09 12:10:28] http://jpedas.org/ojs

[2020-07-09 12:10:28] [Notice] Task process started.
[2020-07-09 12:10:28] [Error] The directory /home/jpedasor/files/usageStats/processing is not empty. This could indicate a previously failed process, or a concurrently running process. This file will be automatically reprocessed if you are also using scheduledTasksAutoStage.xml, otherwise you will need to manually move any orphaned files in the processing directory back into the stage directory.
[2020-07-09 12:10:28] [Notice] Task process stopped.
This is error there

Hi @blmirza,

What do you see in /home/jpedasor/files/usageStats/processing?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Sir there was a 8th july log file there

Hi @blmirza,

That suggests that the processing of that log file was interrupted. There is a description here of how the files are moved as they are processed. I would suggest moving the file out of that directory temporarily, to see if this restores the processing to normal; then check the processing log again after 24 hours have passed to see whether processing has continued.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks Sir, the problem of metrics solved.
On inspection of files directory schedules tasks logs, it was identified that a files of …20200707.log is failed to process and lies in “process” folder.
I looked usagestats folder in files dir, and found …20200707.log file in the process folder.
I checked stage and reject folders, both were empty
Three log files (708, 709, 710) were present in “usageEventslogs” folder
I disabled acron plugin from installed plugin in ojs dashboard
I created a cron job in my Cpanel admin “/usr/local/bin/php /home/jpedasor/public_html/ojs/tools/runScheduledTasks.php plugins/generic/usageStats/scheduledTasks.xml”
I moved unprocessed log files into the “stage” folder, on cron job, they all processed but to “reject” folder. On checking logs, it showed line one of these log files have some illegal entry.
I visited my installed plugin section of ojs dashboard. I checked setting of “usage statistics plugin” and clicked/checked option of “create log files”.
Following that I again moved all files in “usageEventslogs” folder. I set cron job to 2 minutes interval.
I moved files from “usageEventslogs” folder to “stage” folder one by one. It processed all files successfully to “archive” folder. Now the statistics/metrics on all the published articles are updated.
I reset cron job interval to 12 hours.
I wonder if I have to move file from “usageEventslogs” folder to stage folder manually on daily basis or it will be done automatically.
Lets see.
Thanks for the help.
Best Regards
Bilal

2 Likes