Article Not Displaying

Hello,

I have OJS installed, but individual articles are not displaying. Where the article should show, it simply says:
##article.view.interstitial##
Here is an example page: http://laghana.org/gjl/index.php/gjl/article/view/4/1

Any assistance would be most helpful.

OK

Hi @akyeame,

Is it possible that you’ve somehow mixed two versions of OJS? article.view.interstitial no longer exists in recent releases of OJS, but it appears to be used in part of your installation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Perhaps. I’m not sure. I upgraded from an earlier version. Perhaps there’s a remnant from the old installation? Any ideas on how the situation could be corrected?

Regards,

Hi @akyeame,

That depends on how you upgraded, but one common cause of this sort of thing is if your cache/t_compile directory has incorrect file permissions. That could lead OJS to continue using the old compiled templates rather than updating the cached versions.

Try removing all cache/t_compile/*.php files, double-check the permissions on cache/t_compile (and probably a good idea to check the rest of cache/), and see if that changes things. The files in cache/t_compile will be re-generated on demand.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Wow! That was great advice. Things are displaying perfectly now. I saw files in cache/t_compile from April 16th before I upgraded. Clearing it out did the trick. Is there a way do clear cache in the back-end or is it only via FTP? cache/t_compile has 755 permissions.

Should I clear out other *.php files from other directories in cache/ ? Some of them are old as well.

Regards,

Hi @akyeame,

It’s safe to delete any file in cache/, so if you’re curious, give it a try. If the files don’t seem to be getting re-created, it probably means the permissions on the directory aren’t correct.

Just the numerical permissions (e.g. 755) aren’t necessarily enough; it’ll depend on how PHP and your web server interact (this is called the SAPI), and what the ownership of those files/directories is. There’s more detail in the FAQ.

Regards,
Alec Smecher