Archive editing

How to add information to the past conference archive if it is empty? I have got 2015 conference and I need to add information to the 2013 conference.

Anyone don’t know about it?

Hi @Tautvydas_Tavoras,

Can you be more specific about what you’re trying to do, and where you’re getting stuck?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I want to create a new page in 2013 conference, but it must be only in the 2013, in 2015 it must be unreachable.

Hi @Tautvydas_Tavoras,

How are you creating multiple conferences? Do you have each under the Site Administrator’s “Hosted Conferences”, or are they listed under a single Hosted Conference with several “Scheduled Conferences”?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I’m going this way: Site Administrator → Hosted Conferences

Here I select conference name

There are all my conferences…

Hi @Tautvydas_Tavoras,

Anything under the scheduled conference’s name (under “Current Conferences”) should be specific to that one event (e.g. Program, Setup, etc). Is there nothing suitable under those forms?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,

I want to add new navigation bar, but i can do it only in the general management → website management → Website Headers, Footers, Lists and Navigation Bar. Is there any way to do that?

Maybe I should to create a new conferences in the “Hosted conferences” not in the “Scheduled conferences”?

Hi @Tautvydas_Tavoras,

I would keep the Scheduled Conferences / Hosted Conferences setup that you currently have – that’s using OCS the way it was intended. Unfortunately, as you’ve noticed, the navigation bar is not event-specific. To customize that for a specific event, you’re probably best customizing the template; see templates/common/navbar.tpl.

You can check the $currentConference and $currentSchedConf objects in the template to see what the current conference and scheduled conference is (e.g. by using the getPath() function).

Regards,
Alec Smecher