Application error during upgrade from OJS 2.4.8.0 to OJS 3.3.0.8

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
I asked my hosting company to upgrade from OJS 2.4.8.0 to OJS 3.3.0.8 and the installation failed generating this application error:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'context_id' in 'where clause' in /home/rexcommp/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 /home/rexcommp/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(78): PDO->prepare('SELECT setting_...', Array)
#1 /home/rexcommp/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(361): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->prepare(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression))
#2 /home/rexcommp/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(664): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression), Array)
#3 /home/rexcommp/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(631): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression), Arra in /home/rexcommp/public_html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php on line 671

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
I have not resolved it can any one help on what to do?

What I tried to resolve the issue:
BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING.

**Application Version - OJS 2.4.8.0 to OJS 3.3.0.8

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:
fatal error OJS 2X to 3X

Dear @rexcommpan,
as far as I know, it’s not possible to upgrade 2.4.8 directly to 3.3. You should upgrade first to the latest 3.2.x version (code and database) and only then do the upgrade from 3.2. to 3.3. version.
Check the upgrade guides at Upgrading Your OJS Instance (sfu.ca)

Regards, Ales

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.