AnnouncementFeed plugin errors

Continue to work through php errors and the latest are twofold. Could someone shed some light on this? Thanks.

When I go to edit the settings of the announcement feed plugin, I get the error below.

1. Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned.
  2. I get the following error in PHP
    [Wed Apr 06 15:00:44.862177 2022] [ssl:warn] [pid 12839:tid 140086447519872] AH01909: www.ojs2.wmpllc.org:443[Wed Apr 27 10:16:05.792065 2022] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1491:tid 140675619403520] [client 72.93.86.242:63653] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: PHP Warning: Declaration of AnnouncementFeedSettingsForm::fetch($request) should be compatible with Form::fetch($request, $template = NULL, $display = false) in /home/radjr1/domains/ojs2.wmpllc.org/public_html/ojs/plugins/generic/announcementFeed/AnnouncementFeedSettingsForm.inc.php on line 65’, referer: https://ojs2.wmpllc.org/ojs/index.php/jem/management/settings/website

Hi @radjr
Have you made some upgrade recently, the plugin used to work and stopped out of the blue? The more information the better.

Best regards,

Josh Noronha (he/him)
Systems Administrator
PKP|PS Support Team

Subscribe to the PS Bulletin for quarterly updates on
PKP software, support, and community events

This was an upgrade. There is not much more I can say. The announcement feed plug in caused the JSON error when I tried to edit settings. This was after an upgrade from 2.4.8.5 to 3.2

Note: based on another post, I deleted the plug in and then went to the plug in gallery to reinstall it and IT IS NOT listed in the Plug In Gallery. Is it possible this is an old and unsupported plugin?

@radjr

Exactly, that’s why I asked about upgrade and versions, if the plugin is not supported anymore it won’t work and won’t be upgraded. This plugin is only available for OJS 3.3, if I can remember well.

Best regards,

Josh Noronha (he/him)
Systems Administrator
PKP|PS Support Team

Yes, I normally put the versions in the post. My bad this time.

So, per your note: the announcement feed plugin was in 2.4.8.5 and removed for 3.2 and added in 3.3? Is that what you are saying?

Thanks, radjr

Yep, it looks like that.

Best,
Josh