An unexpected error has occurred- OJS 3.1.0.1

I am using OJS 3.1.0.1 . My journal PHP version is 5.6.

From yesterday, When I click the Submissions menu it an Error pops up: An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again. i have to click the close or OK button twice to discard it.

My base_url is http://aaasjournal.org/submission/index.php/aaas

Also I tried to changed “; Localization Settings ;”, but not worked

error-logs are below

[13-Jan-2018 01:13:32 ] PHP Deprecated:  Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 592
[13-Jan-2018 01:13:32 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19
[13-Jan-2018 01:13:32 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 0
[13-Jan-2018 01:13:32 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19
[13-Jan-2018 01:13:32 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 0
[13-Jan-2018 01:13:33 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19
[13-Jan-2018 01:13:33 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 0
[13-Jan-2018 01:13:33 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of BlockPluginsListbuilderHandler::initialize() should be compatible with MultipleListsListbuilderHandler::initialize($request, $args = NULL) in /lib/pkp/controllers/listbuilder/settings/BlockPluginsListbuilderHandler.inc.php on line 17
[13-Jan-2018 01:13:33 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of DRIVERDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in /plugins/generic/driver/DRIVERDAO.inc.php on line 19
[13-Jan-2018 01:13:33 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Declaration of OpenAIREDAO::setOAI() should be compatible with PKPOAIDAO::setOAI($oai) in plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREDAO.inc.php on line 0 

Please help me

I solve some problems. I have new Problems!!!

[13-Jan-2018 14:30:49] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method PKPRequest::redirect() should not be called statically in /lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.inc.php on line 178
[13-Jan-2018 14:30:49 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically in /lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRequest.inc.php on line 735
[13-Jan-2018 14:30:50 ] PHP Strict Standards:  Non-static method Validation::verifyPassword() should not be called statically in /lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.inc.php on line 58

Hi @Journalist,

None of the error messages above should cause the “unexpected error” message you’re seeing. Can you find any other error messages?

In my experience, the most common source of this problem is when there’s some kind of malformed characters in a submission details (title, abstract, author). These then fail to convert to valid JSON and so the submission lists associated with them cannot fetch properly.

There are a couple ways to debug:

1. You can check your browser’s developer tools. Find the XHR requests which are being sent to load those submission lists, and view the response. You may see an error in the response output.
  2. If you have a development install, you can try to delete submissions to see if one of them is causing the problem. That might give you a clue about what happened.

I find in my own development experience, it’s usually that some piece of data is failing. But you should be able to find a record of this in your error logs. There are a lot of logs to dig through though.

Dear @NateWr

Thank you

Hi

I get the same error: This is what Firefox gives me in F12 mode:
ojs-error

Is there something I can do?

Edvin

Hi @Abd_El-Nasser_Gharee,

This isn’t the same problem – can you post it as a new topic?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

function getJSLocaleKeys() {
AppLocale::requireComponents(LOCALE_COMPONENT_PKP_API);
return array(
‘form.dataHasChanged’,
‘common.close’,
‘common.ok’,
‘common.error’,
‘search.noKeywordError’,
‘api.submissions.unknownError’,
);
}
------------------ Repaired…! ------------
function getJSLocaleKeys() {
AppLocale::requireComponents(LOCALE_COMPONENT_PKP_API);
return array(
‘form.dataHasChanged’,
‘common.close’,
‘common.ok’,
‘common.error’,
‘search.noKeywordError’,
’ ',
);
}

Hello @media_publikasi,

Please create a new post for your issue, and provide relevant details (e.g. OJS version, the nature of the problem you are experiencing, any log/error messages)

-Roger
PKP Team