An unexpected error has occurred. Error

Hello, I get this error when accessing the numbers and shipments page. “An unexpected error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again.” Additionally, it also shows: Failed AJax request or invalid Json returned.
The version is 3.3.0.8.

[07-Mar-2022 15:33:15 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Core::removeBaseUrl() should not be called statically in /home/ojsrevunidadsani/public_html/plugins/generic/usageStats/UsageStatsLoader.inc.php on line 777
[07-Mar-2022 15:33:15 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Core::_getBaseUrlAndPath() should not be called statically in /home/ojsrevunidadsani/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Core.inc.php on line 231
[08-Mar-2022 17:04:43 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Core::removeBaseUrl() should not be called statically in /home/ojsrevunidadsani/public_html/plugins/generic/usageStats/UsageStatsLoader.inc.php on line 777
[08-Mar-2022 17:04:43 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Core::_getBaseUrlAndPath() should not be called statically in /home/ojsrevunidadsani/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Core.inc.php on line 231
[08-Mar-2022 17:04:43 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Core::removeBaseUrl() should not be called statically in /home/ojsrevunidadsani/public_html/plugins/generic/usageStats/UsageStatsLoader.inc.php on line 777
[08-Mar-2022 17:04:43 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Non-static method Core::_getBaseUrlAndPath() should not be called statically in /home/ojsrevunidadsani/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Core.inc.php on line 231

Hi @Ppantaleo,

Could you let me know what version of PHP you are running? Could you also share what the URL you were visiting when this happened (the part after [...]/index.php/ is fine). Thanks.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Thanks @ewhanson ! This error appears when I visit any backend page.

And this one when I visit the notifications:

PHP is 7.3.31

Thanks @Ppantaleo, that’s helpful. I suspect there’s something missing or incorrect in the database somewhere related to one of the submission’s data. To try and narrow things down, could you check a few more things?

None of the message in the PHP error log you shared should be causing this issue. In your error log, when this happens, are there any messages that include something like PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: ...?

Also, could you share what the browsers Network tab shows when this page is loaded? I’m looking in particular for anything with a 4xx or 5xx response code, and any information about that request.

Thanks!

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Hi @ewhanson , thank you very much. There is no PHP error with that name. I attach the screenshots:

When you log in to the backend, in the submission section, you will see

envios

envios todo

When I click on the notifications bell

notificaciones

Hi @Ppantaleo,

Thanks for sending along the additional screenshots. This is definitely a tricky one!

From what you describe, it sounds like a submission or a small subset of submissions are referring to non-existent data. Two places to check are to make sure that submissions have publications and sections associated with them. You could try the two SQL queries mentioned here: OJS 3.2.1.1 Slim error message on Dashboard submission page. This post is about 3.2.1, but it should still apply here.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Hello @ewhanson , thank you very much. Both queries result in: 0

Could this be solved by doing a migration to the recent version?