All section policies are shown in the metadata of an article

Hello guys.

I think there is an error in displaying the section policy to which an article is assigned in the metadata of an article.

I have a multi-journal installation with OJS 3.1.2. Several journals have different sections and in them have different section policies defined.

It is expected that the metadata of the article will show the section policy to which the article is assigned, but currently all section policies are shown regardless of which policy the article is assigned to, this is creating some confusion among editors and managers.

I have made tests and in the part to make the shipments to the journal if it works correctly the Selector of section and if you assign a section that has policy defined the sample correctly, leaving hidden the rest of section policies.

In the image it can be clearly seen.
Error_Section_Policy

As we can solve, so that in the metadata it shows only the section policy to which the article is assigned.

Regards,
Pascual Rico

1 Like

Hello, PascualRico

I found the same problem.
And I did not find a simple solution and decided to add such a script to the code
templates/controllers/modals/submissionMetadata/form/issueEntrySubmissionReviewForm.tpl after line 49
<script type="text/javascript"> var p = document.getElementById('sectionId') p.onchange=function(){ var p = document.getElementById('sectionId') for(var i=0; i<p.length; i++){ var g = document.getElementsByClassName('section section-policy section-id-'+p[i].value) if(g.length>0){ g[0].style.display='none' } } var g = document.getElementsByClassName('section section-policy section-id-'+p.value) if(g.length>0){ g[0].style.display='' } } var p = document.getElementById('sectionId') for(var i=0; i<p.length; i++){ if(p[i].selected!=true){ var g = document.getElementsByClassName('section section-policy section-id-'+p[i].value) if(g.length>0){ g[0].style.display='none' } } } </script>

Hi all,

This problem has been discussed here:

https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/4934

and here:

https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/2638#issuecomment-500979705

If I understand the discussion correctly the issue should have been resolved in OJS version 3.1.2-2

Best wishes

Armin