All Prepared emails are automatically enabled

Hi

I set up a new journal - all prepared emails appear as automatically enabled. I now need to go through all 100 and deselect. Is this a glitch with OJS 3.1.1.4?
Thanks!
Rosarie

Hi @rcoughlan,

It is normal for all email templates to be enabled with a new OJS installation. Can you explain how this is problematic or why you would need to disable most of them?

Thanks,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Amanda

This may be my mistake - the journal only wants to activate (use) 1 or 2 automatic email templates to suit their workflows. Therefore, even if the email template is enabled in OJS this does not mean that it will be active in the actual workflow?
Thanks
Rosarie

Hi @rcoughlan,

If there are emails that are sent automatically by OJS (for example, submission ack) that you don’t want to be sent (and that you will be taking an action that will trigger them to be sent), you should disable them. However, many of the email messages are sent voluntarily so there may not be a need to disable them. Or if they pertain to a stage in the workflow that you don’t use, the emails won’t be used even if they’re enabled (for example, emails about subscriptions when your content is open access).

I hope that’s helpful.

Best,
Amanda Stevens
Public Knowledge Project Team