After upgrading to 3.2.1.3 from 2.4.8.0 Users tab says loading

After upgrading to latest version 3.2.1.3 from 2.4.8.0 when we click the users&roles menu the user page loads but the progress bar says loading but no results. No error. Attaching the screenshot.

Any solution please!
ojs-users loading issue

Hello @sekumar,

Is there any output from your logs that you can share? Have you tried clearing the caches under the administrator settings?

-Roger
PKP staff

How to attach the error log as it’s takes only image files.

Thanks,

Senthil kumar

Hello @sekumar,

You can copy and paste them into the forum here. Enclosing them as code (the </> icon), also helps distinguish it from regular text.

-Roger

It’s huge so I uploaded in the server.

Could you please update the issue?

Thanks,

Senthil

The issue is still not solved. Any update on why it’s happening?

Please download the issue log and see it.

Thanks a lot!

Hi @sekumar,

At least some of the messages in your log are related to using a version of PHP that’s too old for the version of OJS you’re trying to upgrade to. Check the requirements listed in docs/README.md for system requirements.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

PHP version installed is 7.2.4. We cant install latest version of ojs in old php versions. Yes, we had old version of PHP but it was upgraded to V7.2.4

Any ideas on what could be the other factors?

Thanks,

Hi @sekumar,

The last message in the log screenshot is a memory limit problem. I would suggest increasing your PHP memory limit, restoring your OJS from backup, and trying the upgrade again. Then if you encounter a problem check your log for only new messages related to the latest attempt; post them here and I may be able to suggest next steps.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you . After increasing PHP memory it worked.

Issue Solved.

Many many thanks.

1 Like