After successful installation, OJS 3.3.0-3 home page does not open

I just installed OJS 3.3.0 - 3 to my hosting. I reached the page which indicates that the installation was successful. However, I am not able to get to the home or login page.

I installed it from web browser.

I searched the forum, tried the suggestions but could not proceed.

PHP Version PHP 7.4 php-fpm
Server API FPM/FastCGI
5.7.31 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Apache/2

The error:

[Sun Apr 04 16:28:57.301126 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 32622:tid 140541068838656] [client 91.93.61.211:0] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught → Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "app:app:frontendpagesindexSite.tp" on line 11 "{include file="frontend/components/header.tpl"}" unknown tag 'include' ← \n thrown in /home/naturala/domains/naturalapricot.com/public_html/ojs2/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 11'

Hi @landowner44,

Can you double-check that all files from the package are downloaded on the server. I’d say that part of Smarty code that renders templates is missing?

Hello,
Thanks for your answer. I downloaded the files from this link: https://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download/

I found out the issue because of the primary language. When I select the Turkish language, it gives this error. But When I install the English language, no problems appear.

How can I solve this issue if I want to install the Turkish language as primary one?

Bests

Just tested the most recent OJS version, 3.3.0-5, with the Turkish language as a primary locale and wasn’t able to reproduce the error. I would say that the error message should be locale-related.

Is this the only error message?
What is the collation of the database you create for OJS?

Hi @landowner44,

The issue is a problem with the 3rd-party Smarty used by OJS, and there is a proposed fix here:

Unfortunately the fix has been waiting a while for that project to accept it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team