After registration user not getting an acknowledgment email

We are using OJS 3.3.0-13 and if a new user registers on our portal, the user is not received an acknowledgment email after registration.

Hi @shantanusingh

You’ll need to ask your systems administrator to look in the outgoing mail log on your server to see what’s happening here. OJS may be attempting to deliver the email but it may not be getting accepted, possibly due to the recipient’s server rejecting it due to a missing SPF record in your DNS, or something similar.

Best
Jason

Hi @jnugent

Thank you for your response.

I have checked, every email is normally sent from the system but only user registration acknowledgement is not received to the user.

Off the top of my head, I’d suggest tailing the log file for your mail server while you create a user, to make sure that an email is not being sent. If it’s not I’d check to see if the USER_REGISTER email template is present and that it’s enabled in the database.

Best
Jason

1 Like

I have verified and checked the log but not getting the acknowledgment email after user registration and not generating any error log for the same.

Right, but please make sure the email template I mentioned is installed and actually enabled in the database. You may need to poke around in the various email templates database tables to confirm.

Best
Jason

I have tried with 3-4 user registration but have not received the acknowledgment email after registration.

I have tried resetting the user_registration email template and checked in DB.

Here is the screenshot of my DB and email template.