After deleting user i cannot register the same email

Describe the issue or problem
after deleting user i cannot register the same email, why?

it prompts,

however, i have deleted from my adminstration site. this user cannot be seen on Current Users

Hi @yhangde

Using the “remove” link does not delete the user. It just unenrolls them from your journal. You will need to use the “merge user” link to completely remove the account. You can find the user again by searching and checking the box off that says “include users with no role in the journal”.

best
Jason

thank you.

the design is not intuitive for users, this may be changed in future release.

I have the same problem, but there is no box to check to search for users with no role, at least not that I see:

"You will need to use the “merge user” link to completely remove the account. You can find the user again by searching and checking the box off that says “include users with no role in the journal”.

Hi @slocke,

Use the “Search” button to reveal the checkbox.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

This is what I see when I click the Search button. The Roles dropdown does not include a dropdown for “No Role”

Hi @slocke,

What version of OJS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

The most recent–the journal was just activated Oct 31, 2023. My roles are journal manager, journal editor, and production editor.

Hi @slocke,

Hmm, that filter should always be visible when browsing the “Users & Groups” user list. There must be something unusual with your installation, or a bug we’re not aware of yet – but I can’t replicate the issue here. I’d suggest starting with your installation’s technical contact.

Regards,
Alec Smecher