Admin not being recognised in OJS

I just installed OJS 3.0 using cpanel (softculcuolous)
Suprising when I want to edit the site information, it took me back to the login
page and when I login, it deny me access to the admin features. Please
can you help me out.
I dont mind sending both the admin user and password to you.
When it eventually opens, i will be confronted with The current role does not access to this operation
Please help me out as I am being frustrated.

Hi @kelechiodo,

Do you see anything in your PHP error log that might indicate a problem? For example, I wonder if when creating a journal your server didn’t hit an execution timeout that resulted in the journal being incompletely created. If that’s the case, the timeout should be logged.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

This may be another instance of the problem(s) reported in this thread:

No answer yet, but linking them here for mutual reference.

There is no PHP error log. Can I forward the site credendials like my admin username and password or even the cpanel credentials to help me check where the problem comes from

Hi @kelechiodo,

I would suggest trying a fresh installation with the 3.0.1 version.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have done that three times already

Hi @kelechiodo,

What version of PHP are you using on your server?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Sorry for the late reply, am using PHP Version 5.6.23

Hi @kelechiodo,

Is it possible that your installation is behind a proxy pool or something specific? If so, you may have to disable the session_check_ip setting. If that doesn’t work, feel free to PM me with access details and I’ll take a look.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I am also faced with the same situation.I can’t use setting wizard of a journal I created.

Hi @Abraham27,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this information with your posts.)

Did you review the other posts on this subject? What were the results?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello …I am using OJS 3.0.2, and I have seen almost all the related posts but could not find a solution.

Hi @Abraham27,

Did you check your PHP error log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello,It worked.I guess the problem was the system didn’t accept two journals with the same name(even though I had deleted and uninstalled the other one from the server).