Admin does not have access to this operation

I have installed the OJS to use it for our university journals, but there is a problem
After installed, I login using administrator account that I create while installing process
The problems:
*** When I creete a new journal I can’t open (Settings wizard) to add new users.**
*** Also I cant control the journal (doesn’t have Journal Manager Role).**

I tried to solve the problem: I opened phpMyAdmin the I created a user in User Table and assign him to Journal Manager Group, but the problem that the new user can control only first journal but he doesn’t have a role to control other journals

Sorry for my English. I hope I can find a solution here.

Update:
I installed OJS 2.4
I checked the DB and I found (Roles Table), in this table I found every (user_id) linked to many (journal_id)
Role Table: [journal_id, user_id, role_id]

I can’t find such table in OJS 3.0.2??

In OJS3, the former roles table is migrated to user_groups and user_user_groups.

1 Like

Thank you
I solved the problem
it was because the local server, I think MySql in my server is old
When I installed OJS on real server (godaddy) it works properly

What was the old version of mysql which caused the error? This might be relevant to other discussions:

Yes, I think it is the same error I will reply for him.
By the way when I installed OJS on local server I got this error but I continued installing

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getSeq() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getSeq($contextId = NULL) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\plugins\blocks\developedBy\DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\plugins\blocks\developedBy\DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Declaration of DevelopedByBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\plugins\blocks\developedBy\DevelopedByBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 20

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\install\form\InstallForm.inc.php on line 146

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\install\form\InstallForm.inc.php on line 148

Deprecated: Non-static method Application::getName() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\install\form\InstallForm.inc.php on line 150

Deprecated: Non-static method VersionCheck::getCurrentCodeVersion() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\install\form\MaintenanceForm.inc.php on line 37

Strict Standards: Non-static method Version::fromString() should not be called statically in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\site\VersionCheck.inc.php on line 115

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::getUserVar() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\form\Form.inc.php on line 351

Deprecated: Non-static method PKPRequest::_checkThis() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\xampp\htdocs\ojs33\lib\pkp\classes\core\PKPRequest.inc.php on line 582

The “Strict Standards” and “Deprecated” warnings are aimed at developers; I’d recommend disabling them in a testing or production context.