Admin auto enroll journal manager

Hello,

i have several journals inside one OJS installation. In one of them i deleted the admin role as journal manager. How can i as admin user regain journal manager paper of that journal? In the ‘roles’ table what is the ‘role_id’ for that paper?

Thank you.
Timóteo

Hi @Timoteo_Rodrigues,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this in your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello,

OJS 3.0

Thanks

Hi @Timoteo_Rodrigues,

Is that OJS 3.0.0, or OJS 3.0.1?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

:slight_smile:
Versão Actual: 3.0.0.0 (October 18, 2016 - 02:41 PM)

Hi @Timoteo_Rodrigues,

It shouldn’t be possible to delete the administrator role – did you perhaps remove the Journal Manager role (under “Users & Roles”)? Or did you remove the Journal Manager role from a particular user’s account?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher thanks for the reply.

yes exactly, in one of the many journal we have i removed the journal manager role that was attributed to the admin user. And now i can’t attribute again that role. I even tried to do that in database table ‘roles’ but with no success.

Thank you
Tim

I was able to unenroll the admin user from all roles in one journal of a multijournal install. There is no clear way to re-enroll the user (as one’s own self) in that journal from the interface. This was in OJS 3.0.0. I haven’t tried replicating this in 3.0.1 yet.

thanks @ctgraham

do you know how to do it through database?

thank you.

I’m actually not sure about the relationship(s) between the roles table and the user_groups, user_user_groups tables in 3.x. @asmecher does discuss a similar “how to I make an admin in the database” question here, though:

Hi all,

The roles table is no longer used as of OJS 3.0. Instead, user_groups and user_user_groups describe the various user groups and the associations between user groups and user accounts, respectively.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Done. Thanks @asmecher and @ctgraham for the precious help.
The hard part was to figure out what were the user_group_id of the correct journal.

Thanks again.