addThis plugin doesn`t work OJS 3.0.2

How to activate addThis plugin in OJS 3.0.2? The same is uploaded in plugin directory but is not active and visible. When I click in Plugin link Setting received> A plugin was not specified and is required.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

How did you attempt to install this plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Dear @asmecher,
I tried a few methods. Via FilleZila upload to Plugin directory, via Tools/Import export try to click AddThis but nothing. Received; Plugin already installed and up-to-date. I have the same in Setting/Website/plugin, it is checked, but when try to click Setting received> A plugin was not specified and is required.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

I would suggest removing all/any installations of this plugin (an improper or incomplete installation may conflict with a good one), then using the Plugin Gallery to install the plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I tried also via Plugin Gallery but received: The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.
In Plugin Gallery exist AddThis and when click on it see that Plugin already installed and up-to-date. I removed the folder from Plugin, where I copied. I don`t know how they detect that this plugin is installed and up to date.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

There may also be an entry from one of the incomplete installations in the versions table. Find and remove that as well before attempting to install the plugin fresh.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher,
I remove the entry from versions table. Now, AddThis is not installed, but from plugin gallery when click install and OK nothing happened. How to install it?

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

Did anything appear in your log file when you did this?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

No. Just window where I have to click OK. After clicking on OK, nothing happened. I wait a few minutes, but nothing.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

Are you sure your PHP error log is empty? This is definitely a situation where something should be recorded.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I just now repeat action and in log file received:
[14-Aug-2017 19:52:45 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/bin/tar) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp:/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty) in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 63
[14-Aug-2017 19:52:45 Europe/Belgrade] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getProductType() on string in /home/ijcadsee/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/PluginHelper.inc.php on line 107

Also, when I login received:
The tar command is not available. Please correctly configure it in your “config.inc.php”.

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

Have you checked that the tar tool is correctly configured in your config.inc.php?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher,
I didn`t change nothing in config.inc.php
For tar have only next:

; tar (used in backup plugin, translation packaging)
tar = /bin/tar

Hi @Lazar_Stosic,

I suspect that setting is not correct for your server, or if it is there, your PHP or webserver configuration is preventing OJS from running the tool. If you’re not sure what that setting should be, or whether your server is permitting OJS to run it, I’d suggest asking your server administrator.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher,
I solved the problem. I manually added AddThis plugin and extract in a plugin/generic folder and everything working very well. Just to write for someone who will have the same problem.
Thank you for support.

Hi Alec,
I also have not been able to get the AddThis plugin to function in an OJS 3.0.2.0 installation (Murmurations). Our journal is hosted by PKP, so I anticipate that the settings are compatible with the AddThis plugin (I may be wrong).

The process I used was, in the adminsitrative dashboard (Settings>Website>plugins>Plugins Gallery), Click on AddThis- Received the notice that it was up-to-date and installed.

I then went to Settings>Website>plugins>Installed Plugins, and enabled AddThis.

I then edited the settings on AddThis to indicate which display that I preferred.

From there I visited all pages on the website and found no sign of the icons displaying.

Incidentally, we are using a Tabbed (Default child) Theme with a custom wrapper (css file).

Is there something that needs to happen other than the solution described by Lazar_Stosic?
Do I need to somehow signup with an account on AddThis before the plugin will actually work?

Hi @asmecher, I’m having the same problem as @JManager_Murmuration: I installed the plugin on OJS 3.1.2-4, checked the way I want the social icons displayde (no addthis registration) but nothin happens on article landing pages (default theme)…
Any hint?
Best regards,
Stefano

Hi @bolelligallevi,

This is quite an older post. Can you please create a new post describing your issue? Also, please note that OJS version 3.1 is no longer supported by PKP - I would recommend that you upgrade your OJS instance.

-Roger
PKP Team