Accidently deleted Google scholar Plugin

I am using Open Journal Systems 3.3.0.5 and accidentally deleted Google scholar Plugin. Kindly guide me to upload is manually. or is any other way exists to get back with the Google scholar Plugin.

Hi @loveleentak

Although I can’t be sure, the Github address of the Google Scholar plugin is as follows:
https://github.com/pkp/googleScholar/tags?after=3_3_0-15

You may download the tar.gz file and try to reinstall plugin using Website → Installed Plugins → Upload a New plugin function.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @loveleentak,

I would recommend downloading the .tar.gz file of the same version of OJS that you’re using, and putting the contents of the plugins/generic/googleScholar into the same place in your OJS installation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

@asmecher @drugurkocak

Thank you for the reply. It is working fine now.

I have completed this step also, but there is nothing in the plugins (Google Scholar) in the admin panel.

Hi @loveleentak,

Have you looked in Settings > Website > Plugins for any of your journals to see if it appears there?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

No, it is not appearing to any website.

Hi @loveleentak,

Are you sure you got the contents of plugins/generic/googleScholar from the right version of OJS (that matches yours)? Double-check that you copied all files in that directory, and that you put them in the right place.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have one more OJS website with version 3.1.1.4 and trying to update it to the newer version (facing issue with it).

Meanwhile, I have accidentally deleted the googleScholar verison. I have uploaded the googleScholar (downloaded from GitHub - pkp/googleScholar: Exposes OJS and OPS metadata to Google Scholar for harvesting.) on plugins/generic/googleScholar but it is not showing in the admin Plugin panel.

Hi @loveleentak,

Can you include a screenshot of the admin panel where you expect to see the Google Scholar plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher

I am expecting the Google Scholar Plugin here: (or in plugin Gallery)

Hi @loveleentak,

The Google Scholar plugin should appear under the “Generic Plugins”:

If you don’t see it there, then it’s likely that you’re still missing files in plugins/generic/googleScholar related to the plugin. What do you see in that directory?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This is the content:

Hi @loveleentak,

It looks like you’ve taken the files from OJS 3.4.0 or newer. Make sure you take the files from the .tar.gz package corresponding to your exact version of OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes, you were right. I have copied the version compatible files. Now it has been appeared in the plugin gallery.

Thank you.

1 Like