Access through file in FTP

Hi.

The reason for my query is to ask how I could access through the ftp sections of both Management Pages / System Plugins as well as Journal Setup \ The Look.

Very friendly as always and I am waiting for your comments.

Hi @gardbeat,

Can you describe more specifically what you’re trying to accomplish? Also, please include the application and version you’re using in your posts.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher;

I currently use the version: 2.4.7-1.

What I’m looking for is accessing the fields that offer me to enter from the control panel, but in my case, I want to be able to access from the ftp and / or depending on the case to the BBDD.

I’m waiting.

Hi @gardbeat,

Content for the settings forms is generally stored in the database; journal setup is mostly stored in journal_settings. Note that after editing these directly in the database, you’ll need to flush your data cache. Database content can’t be accessed through FTP.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

And in some other table of the BBDD, or is everything I need inside the journal_settings table?

Is there a manual explaining the tables that make up the BBDD of OJS?

Hi @gardbeat,

Is there a reason you’re wanting to access the settings via some other mechanism than the setup forms themselves? We don’t have specific documentation on what setting goes where, as it’s expected that users will use the setup forms rather than accessing the settings some other way.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I need access because I can not access the control panel. I need to access all the created plugins (modules) in the BBDD.

On what board are they collected?

Hi @gardbeat,

It’s difficult to answer your question in a general way because plugins can behave in a variety of ways. Can you describe your situation more specifically?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ok @asmecher, i’m more specific I want to modify from the BBDD, fields of some modules created through plugin. I hope I have clarified. I’m waiting.

Hi @gardbeat,

What plugin are you asking about in particular?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

My question is about the plugin “Custom Block Manager Plugin”.

With which I have created some blocks in the right sidebar and I would like to modify them.

I hope I have clarified.

Hi @gardbeat,

The Custom Block Manager plugin stores its content in the plugin_settings table, with setting_name='blockContent'.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, It is indeed what I was looking for. I made the changes and saved them. But there is no change, do I need to do something else?

Hi @gardbeat,

See Access through file in FTP - #4 by asmecher.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ok @asmecher,

Thanks!!