A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (SQL: create table `announcement_types` (`type_id` bigint not null auto_increment primary key

Hi,
When clicking on the “Install Open Journal Systems” option, the error message is displayed A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (SQL: create table announcement_types (type_id bigint not null auto_increment primary key, assoc_type smallint not null, assoc_id bigint not null) default character set utf8 collate ‘utf8_general_ci’). The installation process is not completed.
Software:
FreeBSD12.3
ojs-3.3.0-9
PHP 7.4.30
mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.5.16-MariaDB
Apache/2.4.54

The connection with phpmyadmin is done normally.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 08-24-22 at 12.03 PM

Hi @stefano.junqueira

what database driver are you using? Did you try using mysqli?

Check your database access credentials too: username, database name and password

Hi @gonzalognzl thanks for the help, but I already found the problem. In the host option, 127.0.0.1 must be configured and not localhost.

1 Like

Is there anyone here has a same problem with me? I badly want to fix this as early as possible

Hi @Matt_Dale,

You may want to create a new forum post here on the forum and explain your issue in more detail as this is an older post and has already been deemed solved.

-Roger
PKP Team