500 error on the front end

Hi, I just updated my version of OJS but when viewing the front (admin works fine) I get error 500.

OJS 3.2.1.1.

I would greatly appreciate if you could help me

Hi @edjofp,

Can you provide any error messages from your PHP error log? That is more helpful at pinpointing the problem that is occurring. If you are unsure of how to find it, I’d recommend the advice found here: How do I find my PHP error log?

-Roger
PKP Team

[08-Dec-2022 14:31:30 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error: Cannot override final method Plugin::getInstallSchemaFile() in /home4/recimund/public_html/revistametrocienciacom/stage/plugins/generic/pln/PLNPlugin.inc.php on line 0
[08-Dec-2022 14:31:41 America/Boise] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘g.submission_file_id’ in ‘on clause’ in /home4/recimund/public_html/revistametrocienciacom/stage/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:78
Stack trace:
#0 /home4/recimund/public_html/revistametrocienciacom/stage/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(78): PDO->prepare(‘SELECT sf.*, g…’, Array)
#1 /home4/recimund/public_html/revistametrocienciacom/stage/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(361): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->prepare(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression))
#2 /home4/recimund/public_html/revistametrocienciacom/stage/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php(664): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database{closure}(Object(Illuminate\Database\Query\Expression), Array)
#3 /home4/recimund/public_html/revistametrocienciacom/stage/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/larav in /home4/recimund/public_html/revistametrocienciacom/stage/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php on line 671

You seem to have fixed the issue.

https://revistametrociencia.com.ec/stage/

Did the update succeed?
What version of PHP are you using?

The update was successful in the admin but in the front-end it gives me error 500

PHP 7.3 (ea-php73)

You can continue to update to 3.3.0.13. Probably your problem will be solved. I had a similar experience.
Update files do not overwrite your old files. First delete old OJS files (except files, public folders and config.inc.php file), paste new (OJS 3.3.0.13) files.

Hi @edjofp,

According to the message, the column in publication_galleys table submission_file_id doesn’t exist and this means that upgrade wasn’t successful. I recommend to run another upgrade from a back up but this time from a command line.

1 Like

Indeed the solution was to do everything from 0, and update gradually

1 Like