[3.2.1-1] - Cannot find submission language in metadata

Hi,
Just upgraded to 3.2.1-1.
I see that I cannot find the submission language field within submission metadata, which I had in 3.1.1-4

The journal is multilingual (ES, EN, PT). It enables selecting submission language when sending a submission. But, however, this data is not seen in metadata, as in previous version. There is no such field in submission metadata.

Has it been moved to any other place?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Juan

Hi @jascanio,

Please check that you have all these locales enabled in Administration > Site Setting.

image.

These should then appear in the drop down of Step 1 in Submission process.

image.

And within a manuscripts metadata, you will now find buttons to toggle between languages.

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @pmangahis,
Thanks for your reply. I see what you mean, but I’m not quite sure I’m getting the point.

This is my language configuration.
submission-languange-not-a-metadata-language-configuration

I understand from what you say that the submission language is not a metadata anymore. Is it?

In version 3.1 submission language was a metadata itself (I believe). See image below.
submission-languange-not-a-metadata
I cannot find submission language metadata in 3.2

In 3.2.1-1 language metadata does not exist or, at least, I cannot find it as such.

Hope you can help.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Juan

Hi again @pmangahis,

I undestand what you mean. But what I want it is not to toggle between languages when seeing a submission.

What I am trying to do is to change the submission language once the submission has been created by the author. Some authors forget to select their submission language and hence the default language (Spanish) is selected. If the submission is actually, say English, and the author forgot to select this when creating his/her submission, the manuscript will be assigned to Spanish, our primary locale in the Journal. Hence we need to change it. How could we?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,
Juan

Hi @jascanio,

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find the OJS 3.2.1-1 equivalent for this.

@asmecher would you mind chiming in on this? Was the submission language within the metadata previously on 3.1 removed or relocated elsewhere in 3.2?

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Hi,
I’m afraid I am facing the same situation. (ojs 3.2.1.1) I do not know if this will be a problem in the future.
Althought there is an option for submission language, last submissions have no locale in submissions table, but their locale is recorded at publications table. I will go on watching this forum to understand if this is intentional.
Best Regards,.
Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 19.41.09

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 19.49.46

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 19.45.13

Hi @drugurkocak,

The change is intentional; starting with OJS 3.2.0, submission language should be a property of the publications table, not the submissions table. The column in submissions is maintained only for the upgrade process and will be removed in a future release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
Thank you for your kind reply.
As @jascanio asked for, will you plan to bring the menu to change (modify/correct) the submission language back? Currently, I can’t see the submission language at the administration backend, or it may be hidden somewhere? Some authors might have choosen incorrect language for their submission.
Best regards,

1 Like

Hi @drugurkocak,

That’s scheduled for attention in OJS/OMP/OPS 3.3: Not possible to see or select publication language after submission · Issue #5502 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

2 Likes

Hi @asmecher,
Thanks for your reply.
May be just adding a “–Select language–” empty value in the choices will do in the short term.

Kind regards,
Juan