3.2.0-1 changing metadata innactive button save; unable to publish\assign article to issue

We have send one of the article’s to review. at this stage we cannot change references

Also it’s impossible to change references in “copyediting” stage

same situation for “production” stage

same situation for all metadata. keywords\abstracts\name articles.

i think that if i assign article to issue and publih it i will be able to change metadata.

BUT. i cannot save article to issue.

opera\chrome don’t work… coockies are cleared. caches are cleared too

In clear installation of 3.2.0-1 all works fine

what i’m doing wrong

@asmecher i found that different roles not ovverride permition.

in 3.1.2.4 i have 3 roles section editor, journal editor, journal manager. and it ovverides permition with editiong metadata
in 3.2.0-1 i have same roles. but i need to correct permision roles to be able edit metadata… i don’t know is it bug in 3.1.2.4 or in 3.2.0-1

Hi @redukr,

Just to clarify that I understand what you’ve determined –

• In OJS 3.1.2-4 your user had Journal Editor and Journal Manager roles (etc), and was able to change metadata without having a specific assignment (in the Participants list) to the submission.
  • In OJS 3.2.0, a specific assignment to the Participants list is required; just having a Journal Manager role is no longer enough.

Does that summarize the behaviour?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

in both of versions i’m assighned as section-editor.

it means, that i need to be ssighned second time to every submission?

Hi @redukr,

Just to confirm, are you only assigned to the submission as a section editor? That might explain it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

No.
a’m assighned in “Setting”-“Journal”-“Section”

AND i have assighned roles:
in 3.1.2.4 (all from availible) and all work’s fine

in 3.2.0-1 journal editor, journal manager and section editor

and in 3.1.2.4 role with more permisions override role with less permisiion. in 3.2.0-1 this is not observed