3.0.2 to 3.1.0 upgrade error

Hi PKP folks,

My apologies in advance for adding to what I’m sure is a very busy time for you all.

I’m trying to upgrade a OJS instance from 3.0.2 to 3.1. I’ve pulled to the stable git branch, updated the submodules, done the composer updates, and set installed to ‘off’, but when I try to update the database (php tools/upgrade.php upgrade), I get the following error:

PHP Warning: require_once(/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/CitationStyleLanguagePlugin.inc.php on line 17 PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/lib/vendor/autoload.php' (include_path='/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/phpunit/phpunit-selenium:.:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/classes:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/pages:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/lib/pkp:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/lib/pkp/classes:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/lib/pkp/pages:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/lib/php') in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/ojs-western/plugins/generic/citationStyleLanguage/CitationStyleLanguagePlugin.inc.php on line 17

Any idea what might be going on here? It seems like it can’t find the autoload file in lib/pkp/vendor.

Thanks!

So I think I figured this out, and it looks like it’s caused by needing to run composer install within some of the plugin directories. Is this the expected behaviour?

… and I just noticed the docs are now updated to reflect this change. Apologies!