2.4.8-1 CrossRef plugin strange error

Hi:

This is the only journal on our site have such problem, this page in other journals works fine:

/manager/importexport/plugin/CrossRefExportPlugin/issues

It displays a error code 500

In apache2 error log there is a PHP Fatal error on random pages because of the issues displaying action:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php on line 264
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/site/Version.inc.php on line 238
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php on line 22
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/DataObject.inc.php on line 117
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/lib/pkp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 656

I have tried to set maximum exectime to 120 (was 30 before) and restarted apache2 but this error still apears.

Please help.

Evo

Hi @mapress888

Hmm… yes, it is strange… Like there would be so many or huge issues that the processing cannot be finished and the time out occurs. But actually, I think, not all issues should be display – there is a pagination on that page…
Does your “articles” page function well?
What is your “Item per page” number in your journal setup “5.8 Lists”? Could you try to change it to be 1 or so, just for testing?
Hmmm… :-\

Best,
Bozana

Hi bozana:

Thanks for your reply.

Articles page has the same problem.

I have tried to set 5.8 to 1 and 20 they both works fine, before was 200.

Evo

Hi @mapress888

The Crossref plugin unfortunately needs lots of processing, thus the timeout will happen with such a huge “item per page” number. Could you then keep it lower?

Best,
Bozana