Additional options for registration form

We need some additional options for the registration form, to ask the participant if he or she

1. prefers vegetarian food yes/no
  2. attends the conference dinner yes/no

This information should then be part of the report: ##plugins.reports.registrants.displayName##

I have only some html and css skills, no php or else. Therefore, it would be great to get some advice in which part of the code does the extensions be made? And how does it look like?

Thanks,
Sandra

Hi @sandra,

Unfortunately this will definitely take some PHP skills, though the modifications won’t be extensive. I can suggest where to start. What applicatoin are you asking about (OCS, I suspect), and what version?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

yeah, I thoght so… And yes, I am working with OCS, version 2.3.6.0.

Thanks for your reply!
Sandra

Hi @sandra,

You’d need to look primarily at…

• The class that implements the registration form, classes/registration/form/UserRegistrationForm.inc.php
  • The template for that form’s HTML code, templates/registration/userRegistrationForm.tpl

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher,

I decided to use the part ‘special requests’ and to make only some minor changes in the HTML-Code (adding some text explanation) within the userRegistrationForm.tpl.
That works well. But I realised, that both confirmation emails are empty. The one, confirming the registration, as well as the one confirming the payment.
I couldn’t find a proper email the section ‘prepared emails’. Do I need to create new ones?
Which tags are necessary for these both confirmation mails to create an automatic response?

Cheers
Sandra

Hi,
Sandra and me working together at the same system. Additionally to the post above some more information:
We installed OCS in a seperate folder (webfolder/ocs/index.php).
I set the option ‘scheduled_tasks = On’.
Maybe we should use the e-mail settings in ‘config.inc.php’? We didn’t define any Mailaccout now.
Thanks for help.

Cizz

Hi @Cizz and @sandra,

If the emails are received but show up blank, then it sounds to me like you’re missing the email templates from your database for some reason. Go into the Conference Manager’s “Prepared Emails” area and see if there are templates called PAYPAL_PAYMENT_RECEIVED and USER_REGISTRATION_NOTIFY. You can get the default text by looking in plugins/paymethod/paypal/emailTemplates.xml and locale/en_US/emailTemplates.xml (where en_US means U.S. English – you can find other languages too).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

looking at the database, in the german version of locale/de_DE/emailTemplates.xml there was no email_text for “MANUAL_PAYMENT_RECEIVED”. Therefore, I copied the email_text of the english version. Furthermore I added this text/email to the prepared emails.
With USER_REGISTRATION_NOTIFY it is different. There is a prepared email and an email_text in the database locale/de_DE/emailTemplates.xml called REGISTRATION NOTIFY. Therefore, I didn’t make any changes.

Again I tried the registration and payment confirmation. But like before, I receive both emails without text and subject. Waht else can I do to make it work?

The file plugins/paymethod/manual/emailTemplates.xml contains only this code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE emails SYSTEM "../../../lib/pkp/dtd/emailTemplates.dtd">
<!--
  * emailTemplates.xml
  * Copyright (c) 2000-2012 John Willinsky
  * Distributed under the GNU GPL v2. For full terms see the file docs/COPYING.
  * Email templates XML file.
  * $Id$
  -->
<emails>
    <email key="MANUAL_PAYMENT_NOTIFICATION" can_edit="1" can_disable="0"/>
</emails>

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi @sandra,

The XML is only used when you create a conference – at that point it’s installed from the XML file into the database. To get it reloaded from XML, you’d have to reload the locale using the Conference Manager’s tools, but this will reset any other modifications you’ve made to your email templates. Instead, I’d suggest using the Conference Manager’s “Prepared Emails” tools to create a new email in the web interface.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I see, so we work with the manager’s tool.
But how do I get the connection from a prepared email to the point where it should be sent automatically?
I prepared an email called “notifyEmail” which is the ID that is pointed to when someone finishes the registration process. Well the email that is sent automatically is still empty. I also tried it with “NOTIFY EMAIL” and “REGISTRATION NOTIFY”…
I think I really need this point of connectinon.

Cheer Sandra

Hi @sandra,

The email key is the connection. You’ll need to use MANUAL_PAYMENT_RECEIVED and USER_REGISTRATION_NOTIFY.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I know the solution should be really easy, but the email still keeps empty when I prepare it like that:

Kind regards
Sandra

Hi @mecher,

As far as I see, we need a connection between these both codes: updateRegistration and notifyPaymentEmail. What exactly should we change?
Furthermore I didn’t find " MANUAL_PAYMENT_RECEIVED" and “USER_REGISTRATION_NOTIFY”. Where can we find it. Is it a template or xml-File?

Connection between
updateRegistration

with

<input id="notifyPaymentEmail" type="checkbox" disabled="true" value="1" name="notifyPaymentEmail"></input>

and

notifyPaymentEmail

<form
action="http://www.wissnet.de/ocs/index.php/KonfEfA/index/manager/updateEmail"method="post">
<input type="show" value="8"name="emailId"></input>
<input type="show" value=""name="conferenceId"></input>
<input type="show" value=""name="schedConfId"></input><input type="show"value="notifyPaymentEmail"name="emailKey"></input>
<table class="data"
width="100%"></table>
</form>

Looks like sandra’s Post Picture above.

I think we are close to the solution. Thx for help.

Saskia