Vertical Menu in CSS

Hello, I am kinda new with all of the CSS stuffs, especially with the way Pkp’s PHP code works. Now I want to modify the theme so that some part that I don’t want disappear and how to turn the Navbar from horizontal to vertical? The CSS below is the furthest I can do to make this happen, but I don’t know what I’m wrong from there.

Hi @GLaHeRa

OJS3 is BootStrap3 framework based. I recommend you take a look in this css framework to check if there isn’t a component ready to what you need to do or modify.
With a few tweaks in a theme you can achieve a reasonable level of customization.

See nav bar components here: Components · Bootstrap

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks for your reply, but I am struggling with OCS 2.3, and I am new with codes. So could you please explain me what is in the link? Because I can only see HTML code, how can I put it in use in CSS?

Hi @GLaHeRa

OCS 2.x is semi-compatible with OJS 2.x themes, but not e.g. OJS 3.x themes. So I recommend you study OJS2 thems and how it is possible achieve what you want.

In forum we have some examples of customization in OJS2, that you may read and attempt to apply in OCS2.
See here:

Hope it helps

Regards,
Israel Cefrin
Public Knowledge Project Team