UPGRADING OJS 3.0.0 A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry 'tinymceplugin-0-enabled' for key 'plugin_settings_pkey'

I restore the backup, create new ojs 3 and copy the public and config. Its
working but there a lot of warning about php but work now. U can check the
www.brokenshire.edu.ph/bcjournalx

Hi @Leonard_Nelle_Villas,

I don’t see any warnings; have you resolved this?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Yes i already installed 3.0 and thank you for your help. Any template may u
recommend for the new ojs 3?

Hi @Leonard_Nelle_Villas,

We’re working on a few different looks for OJS 3.0, but nothing too refined yet. See for example the OJS 3.0 Bootstrap themes.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank u alec i will install and check the themes.

Hi
I have same problem with our journal. I didnot create the backup before upgrade to 2.4.8.1 to 3.0.1. So what can i do now. We have face many error with our journal. I try to bypass but it is not working. is there any other solution you have? I am not good at coding or commanding. I need a quick response.
Currently i face some error with

1. Review from
  2. Submission file
  3. export/import plugins
  4. Scheduling for Publication

1. Review from: I created a new review form but dropdown list is not working but in preview it is show no problem.
**2. Submission file:**I did not see any file in submission.
3. export/import plugins:"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error when try to export anything.
4. Scheduling for Publication: Scheduling for Publication button is not working. the error (failed ajax request or invalid json return)
Please reply if you need any more information.

Thanks
Shubash

Hi @Editor_IJIER,

Several error messages are referred to above; which did you encounter?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Now i need to export all published issue and user. After that i will try clean installation and upload the issue and user to new installation.

Is it possible?

Hi @Editor_IJIER,

I don’t have enough information to know what state your installation is in, without some indication of what happened to it. It’s likely that your upgrade attempt stalled somewhere between OJS 2.4.x and 3.x, and a lot of data is rearranged during that process. Without something more specific to go on I can’t make a recommendation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher

Can you tell me when quick submit plugin available for OJS 3x?

Hi @Editor_IJIER,

It’s in the last round of testing and code review, and is already available in its nearly-finished state at https://github.com/defstat/PKP-QuickSubmitPlugin. It will be completed very shortly.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I am having the same issue upgrading from v2.3.7 to v2.4.8. I reverted to the backup I made, but I still get the same error.

The error I got is: A database error has occurred: Table ‘ojs.notifications’ already exists

I reverted the backup, removed the following lines from dbscripts/xml/upgrade.xml and tried the upgrade again:

<upgrade minversion="2.2.9.0" maxversion="2.3.9.9">
            <data file="dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_notifications.xml" condition="return $installer->columnExists('notification_settings', 'setting_id');" />
    </upgrade>

<upgrade minversion="2.2.9.0" maxversion="2.3.9.9">
            <code function="migrateNotifications" condition="return $installer->tableExists('notifications_old');" />
            <!-- Delete the notification*_old tables now that they have been migrated. -->
            <data file="dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_notifications2.xml" condition="return $installer->tableExists('notification_settings_old');" />
            <!-- Update the notification emails (we have removed references to mailing list passwords) -->
    </upgrade>

I reverted again, and tried the upgrade again.

The error I got is: A database error has occurred: Table ‘ojs.notification_subscription_settings’ already exists

I grepped through the ojs folder for notification_subscription_settings, but I don’t see anything that is creating that table, which would probably generate the error.

Is there anything else I can do to continue the upgrade?

Hi @crogers,

When you revert to a database backup, do you do a complete DROP DATABASE / CREATE DATABASE? If not, you probably have some of your 2.4.x tables still in place after you load the 2.3.7 backup and these are likely interfering.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Alec,

It is a virtual server, so I just reverted the snapshot.

Hi @crogers,

After reverting the snapshot, but before running the upgrade script, does your database include a notification_subscription_settings table?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

No. Here are the tables it has in that range:

notes
notification_settings
notifications
oai_resumption_tokens

Hi @crogers,

Could you revert your changes, restore your install to its 2.3.x state, and run the command-line upgrade process? Capture its full output and post it here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

[pre-install]
[load: upgrade.xml]
[version: 2.4.8.2]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/signoff.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.3_preupdate_usageStatistics.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.3_preupdate_usageStatistics2.xml (skipped)]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_preupdate_article_files.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_preupdate_emaillog.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_preupdate_reviewrounds.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_idupgrade_issues.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_idupgrade_articles.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_idupgrade_published_articles.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_idupgrade_issue_galleys.xml (skipped)]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_idupgrade_article_galleys.xml]
[data: dbscripts/xml/upgrade/2.4.0_idupgrade_supp_files.xml]
[schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/common.xml]
ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Table ‘ojs.notification_subscription_settings’ already exists

Hi @crogers,

Hmm, very confusing. The [schema: lib/pkp/xml/schema/common.xml] step is supposed to go through the database and sync the schema for each table against the XML descriptor, adding/removing columns and creating tables as needed. The error message stating that the table already exists is strange, both because we’ve established that the table doesn’t exist in the 2.3.7 backup (nor should it), and because it shouldn’t be a show-stopper if it does, as the schema tool should just adapt an existing table to its needs.

I wonder if you have a broken MySQL table. See sql - Mysql 1050 Error "Table already exists" when in fact, it does not - Stack Overflow for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I reverted the snapshot again and tried dropping the table, but it says that the table didn’t exist.

Does the CLI upgrade program have a debugging mode that will show me the SQL commands it is running?

Thanks