UPGRADING OJS 3.0.0 A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry 'tinymceplugin-0-enabled' for key 'plugin_settings_pkey'

Hi @Leonard_Nelle_Villas,

Do you have a backup from before the OJS 3.0 upgrade was attempted, i.e. something that doesn’t have article_migration in it? I’d suggest upgrading from that. Note that you can upgrade straight from OJS 2.4.1 to 3.0, no need to upgrade to 2.4.8-1 first.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Okay i will try to find na back up database

Dear OJS Team,

Thanks for all your attemps for development of OJS.
There is a serious problem in upgrading from OJS 2.X to 3.

There is an error at middle of upgrading: "
A database error has occurred: Table ‘issue_galleys_stats_migration’ already exists"

Even when the issue_galleys_stats_migration is deleted. again there will be an error of 'A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry ‘defaultthemeplugin-0-enabled’ for key ‘plugin_settings_pkey’

(The images of the both the error have been attached along this email)

There are may users that want to upgrade from 2.x to 3, but they are not able to do that. If you search in forums of OJS, you can see nobody still was able to solve this problem.

On the other hand OJS 2.x has some security bugs and hackers easily hack the OJS 2.x while we cannot do anything to protect our websites.

We appreciate if you guide us how to solve the problem that we face for upgrading from OJS 2.x to 3.

Thanks for your time for reading our email.

Regards
Editorial Team

Hi @OJSUSER11,

As far as we’re aware, OJS 2.4.x is secure to run; can you clarify the security problem you mention?

Are you sure you’re running the upgrade on a clean copy of your 2.x database? If you try an upgrade and it fails, you’ll need to restore from backup. Make sure to fully drop and re-create the database as part of this process.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I did not found any previously backup database. Any solutions may help?

It sounds like your first attempt at an OJS 2.4.8 to 3.0 upgrade failed, and you made a second attempt, with the result being an error message that you quoted above. This means your database is in an indeterminate state between OJS 2.4.8 and OJS 3.0, but without the error message from the first attempt, it’ll be hard to tell exactly what state your database is in.

If you’re absolutely sure you don’t have a backup, and don’t have the error message from the first attempt, your only option may be to look at the upgrade steps in dbscripts/xml/upgrade.xml and see if you can determine from the presence/absence of data what step was last completed.

This situation is exactly why we strongly recommend making a backup before upgrading.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

such head ache… dnt know what to do

this is the file.

i saw the backup and there is no article_migration in it?

Is it possible that you’re just re-loading the database dump over the old database? If so, and if your database has the article_migration table in it, then loading your dump again without deleting and recreating the database will leave the article_migration table in place and untouched. After loading the database dump, and before running the upgrade script, try executing DESCRIBE article-migration; to check for sure.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I restore the backup, create new ojs 3 and copy the public and config. Its
working but there a lot of warning about php but work now. U can check the
www.brokenshire.edu.ph/bcjournalx

I don’t see any warnings; have you resolved this?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Yes i already installed 3.0 and thank you for your help. Any template may u
recommend for the new ojs 3?

We’re working on a few different looks for OJS 3.0, but nothing too refined yet. See for example the OJS 3.0 Bootstrap themes.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank u alec i will install and check the themes.

Hi
I have same problem with our journal. I didnot create the backup before upgrade to 2.4.8.1 to 3.0.1. So what can i do now. We have face many error with our journal. I try to bypass but it is not working. is there any other solution you have? I am not good at coding or commanding. I need a quick response.
Currently i face some error with

1. Review from
  2. Submission file
  3. export/import plugins
  4. Scheduling for Publication

1. Review from: I created a new review form but dropdown list is not working but in preview it is show no problem.
**2. Submission file:**I did not see any file in submission.
3. export/import plugins:"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error when try to export anything.
4. Scheduling for Publication: Scheduling for Publication button is not working. the error (failed ajax request or invalid json return)
Please reply if you need any more information.

Thanks
Shubash

Hi @Editor_IJIER,

Several error messages are referred to above; which did you encounter?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Now i need to export all published issue and user. After that i will try clean installation and upload the issue and user to new installation.

Is it possible?

Hi @Editor_IJIER,

I don’t have enough information to know what state your installation is in, without some indication of what happened to it. It’s likely that your upgrade attempt stalled somewhere between OJS 2.4.x and 3.x, and a lot of data is rearranged during that process. Without something more specific to go on I can’t make a recommendation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @asmecher

Can you tell me when quick submit plugin available for OJS 3x?

Hi @Editor_IJIER,

It’s in the last round of testing and code review, and is already available in its nearly-finished state at https://github.com/defstat/PKP-QuickSubmitPlugin. It will be completed very shortly.

Regards,
Alec Smecher