web-based script. To do so:
- Edit config.inc.php and change "installed = On" to "installed = Off"
- Open a web browser to your OJS site; you should be redirected to the
installation and upgrade page
- Select the "Upgrade" link and follow the on-screen instructions
- Re-edit config.inc.php and change "installed = Off" back to
"installed = On"

Hi @latha_ojs,

Is it an option to use the command-line tool? It provides more debugging information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I am trying again and again but getting the same error :[21-Jun-2018 07:16:58 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029". It is during the [code: Installer Installer::provideSupplementaryFilesForReview] part of the upgrade?

Hi @latha_ojs,

Can you post the full output of the command-line upgrade process?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi,

For some reason I could not do command-line upgrade but tried web upgrade. Everything seems to work except the html galley images are not showing up. Please help me solve this. I am working on this for a long and could not able to upgrade.

with regards

Latha G. Ravikumar

Hi,

Please help me move from 2.4.8 to 3.1.1.2.

I have tried many times and got stuck at : PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /home/threatenedtaxa/public_html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029". It is during the [code: Installer].

I am trying via localhost and now it seems everything is upgraded and I found a way to correct the html galley images. Now I have only the following 2 errors to rectify. Could you please let me know how to resolve these two?

When I tried to login I am getting "DB Error: Unknown column ‘Array’ in 'field list’” but when I refresh it works.
System Information still says : Current version: 2.4.8.1 (September 22, 2016 - 05:48 PM)

Awaiting for your valuable reply.

with regards

Latha

Hi @asmecher and @latha_ojs,

I’m having exactly the same problem. Upgrading from 2.4.8 to 3.1.1-2.

Any possible solution?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Regards,
Juan

Hello Alec,

People here didn’t like my prevoius upgrade from 2.4.7.1 to 3.0.1, and I’m trying again now to 3.1.1.2. This time I’m getting:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /ojs_temp/rc-3.1.1/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029

At the [code: Installer Installer::provideSupplementaryFilesForReview] step. The full output of the upgrade is here:

https://portal.biblioteca.unesp.br/upgrade_messages_20180814.log

Do you have any hints?

Regards,

Oberdan

1 Like

Hi all,

Regarding:

Call to a member function getFileId() on null in /ojs_temp/rc-3.1.1/lib/pkp/classes/submission/PKPSubmissionFileDAO.inc.php on line 1029

According to Change galley PDF published OJS 3.1.x - #8 by marc, reviewing the file permissions and re-running the upgrade corrected the issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi everybody!
We also have the problem "DB Error: Unknown column ‘Array’ in ‘field list’ ". It happens after updating from OJS 3.1.0.1 to 3.1.1.2.
Also we note that it only happens with no admin users. Login with the admin user is working fine.
PHP error log is not clarifying, it shows exactly the same error than browser.

Could anybody help? Many thanks

Daniel
ICONO14

Hi @asmecher
Should I post this topic on a new thread? It looks like it is a little bug that many people is experiencing. If user reload the page the error goes away… at least until he/she logs in again.

Best

Daniel
ICONO14

Hi @celuloide,

Can you try to get a stack trace for this and post the full message? Turn on show_stacktrace in config.inc.php, trigger the error, and you should find the message in the browser and/or the log.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Sure @asmecher , here it is:

DB Error: Unknown column 'Array' in 'field list'
Stack Trace:
File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/user/PKPUserDAO.inc.php line 462
Function: DAO->update("UPDATE users SET username = ?, password = ?, salut...", Array(23))

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.inc.php line 137
Function: PKPUserDAO->updateObject(Object(User))

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.inc.php line 71
Function: Validation::registerUserSession(Object(User), Null, True)

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/pages/login/LoginHandler.inc.php line 99
Function: Validation::login("danielbecerra", "caramelo", Null, True)

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php line 372
Function: LoginHandler->signIn(Array(0), Object(Request))

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 233
Function: PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array(2), Object(Request), Array(0), False)

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 134
Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 247
Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))

File: /***/ojs/index.php line 68
Function: PKPApplication->execute()

Kind regards,
Daniel
ICONO14

Hi @celuloide,

Is this a stock copy of OJS 3.1.1-0, or are there some modifications or third-party changes to it? For example, I see the same message is appearing with the multilingual author names change discussed here: Translation of the author's name - #45 by vale

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher

I’ve tried changing all permissions of folders and files inside my rc-3.1.1_files folder to 774 and the ownership to ojs:www-data, but got the same error.

Regards,

Oberdan

Hello,

Tried again today using ojs 3.1.1-4. Same error. I have the log with all the debug info here:

http://portal.biblioteca.unesp.br/upgrade_messages_20180912.log.gz

Regards,

Oberdan

In most cases permissions for folders should be 755 and files 644. Please check.

Hello @vvucic,

Tried it even using 777. I don’t think the permissions are the problem here.

Regards

Hi everybody!
Also there is a similar problem when a user inteed to change his password. When they click on the hyperlink that arrives by email, OJS crashes and shows this up:

DB Error: Unknown column 'Array' in 'field list'
Stack Trace:
File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/user/PKPUserDAO.inc.php line 462
Function: DAO->update("UPDATE users SET username = ?, password = ?, salut...", Array(23))

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/pages/login/LoginHandler.inc.php line 241
Function: PKPUserDAO->updateObject(Object(User))

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php line 372
Function: LoginHandler->resetPassword(Array(1), Object(Request))

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php line 233
Function: PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array(2), Object(Request), Array(1), False)

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php line 134
Function: PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))

File: /***/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php line 247
Function: Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))

File: /***/ojs/index.php line 68
Function: PKPApplication->execute()

Please @asmecher could you guide us to overcome this problem?

Big thank you!

Daniel
ICONO14

Hello,

Just to let you know, I solved the problem upgrading from 2.4.7 to 3.0.2 and then to 3.1.1-4.

Regards,

Oberdan