Translator complains on the format, just by deleting deprecated entries

I did already for other documents, but for the locale/pt_PT/locale.xml file, after deleting some outdated entries at the bottom, the system complains that the file does not follow the required format.

Tried again, deleting just one entry, it did save. Deleted the next, error. Closed tab, opened the translation again, removed another entry, saved, ok. Tried the next, error.

In another experiment, removed one of the entries that gave the error before. Saved and worked. Added a translator on a new entry. Saved… .error.

This is weird because it did not happen in other files I’ve translated before.

Thanks

Tried another file (same folder, manager.xml). Deleted half dozen of deprecated entries. Saved, and worked. Tried to delete some more, and gave the error. Tomorrow will try to look up the log…

Managed to complete the task. Removing a couple entries. Saving. Opening again. Translating some entries. Deleting a couple more. Save, Close. Open… you got the idea…

Hi @ambs,

Hmm, this sounds like a painful process. Can you narrow down how I could replicate it locally, in order to debug/fix?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Too bad I completed all the translations now :slight_smile: But if you have a clean 3.1.1 installation, without my translations, try to get into the translation for locale/pt_PT/locale.xml, remove a couple of extra entries in the bottom. Save. Try to remove some more. If this works, then the problem was on my side. (running 7.2).

By the way, would it be possible to get a 3.1.1-1 with the PT translations? Or do you prefer to wait for me translating all the templates too?

Hi @ambs,

We’ll likely build and release an OJS 3.1.1-1 in a couple of weeks with a few minor bugs fixed.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Hi, @asmecher, not to push you, but we’re waiting for a release with the PT localization, so we can make the switch from linguamatica.perl-hackers.net to linguamatica.com :wink: Thanks.

Hi @ambs,

Keep an eye on the issue list for that release, and let me know if I’ve missed merging any of your localization changes.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

In that list I do not see any of my PRs.
But I think that you merged them all.
Thanks

Hi @ambs,

Those are the remaining issues that need to be fixed before OJS 3.1.1-1 can be released.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like