Translation plugin in OJS 3.0.2

I installed translator-master from master github for OJS 3.0.0. and I found strange behavior. I can see it in Settings/Site, plugins. When I enable it and click on translate I have got only its blank tab in Settings/Site/translation. Is there some new version for OJS 3.0.2.0 or something else making issues?
Please advise.

Hi @vvucic,

See e.g. this post: Translator Plugin - how i can use this plugin?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

hello, It is installed in plugins/generic with its folder/translator.

It is listed in Settings/Site/plugins and I enabled it.
So it is in proper location since OJS 3.0.0.2. sees it properly in and it is liste din generic/plugins. When I click on translate It prompts me to its Tab and it is blank. No,. lists of xml files. That is issue. therefore I asked question.

Hi @vvucic,

I suspect the plugin isn’t properly registered with the system; this can result in the plugin being listed among generic plugins, but still not interacting with the system as expected (which is what you describe). Improper registration of a plugin with OJS can happen if it’s in the wrong directory (which was the problem in the other thread), or depending on how it’s been installed. How did you install the plugin?

Have you checked your PHP error log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I used tar.gz archive and unpacked it in plugins/generic
After that I entered administration interface, found it listed, enabled and experienced problem I described.
The same plugin worked well on the same server with the same settings in OJS 3.0.1.0
The real change is that I use Bootstrap theme for OJS 3.0.2. Is there any problematic interaction between the two?

Please advise

Hi @vvucic,

Have you checked your PHP error log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have similar problem (blank “Translate” Tab in the website settings page). My php error log says:

[Sun Aug 12 16:40:43.742361 2018] [:error] [pid 10916:tid 2016] [client ::1:60621] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method TranslatorPlugin::getTemplateResource() in C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\localojsinstallation\\plugins\\generic\\translator\\controllers\\grid\\LocaleGridHandler.inc.php on line 99, referer: http://localhost/localojsinstallation/index.php/journalpath/management/settings/website?uid=someid

The code in line 99 (of LocaleGridHandler.inc.php) contains:

return $templateMgr->fetchJson(self::$plugin->getTemplateResource('locales.tpl'));

Hi @p_urbanczyk,

You’re using a version of the translation plugin that’s not compatible with your OJS. Make sure you download the right package from the Releases area of the repository for your version of OJS, or better yet, use the Plugin Gallery from within OJS to let OJS do the checking.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Thank you for your response. That was the case. I’ve installed correct release and now it’s ok. Many thanks!

I have a problem installing plugins through the web-based plugin gallery, even though (I think) I’ve configured tar option properly. That would be an issue for another (probably not even OJS-related) topic. But since it’s only temporary local installation that will be moved to a production server soon, I am ok with installing plugins manually.