Suggested reviewers plugin for OJS3

Hi @Vikasbukhari, we have the same problem with OJS 3.2.1-4, did you solve it cleaning the template cache? We tried but the problem remains…
We checked both the Include and exclude checkboxes in Settings>Workflow>Review and created a new Submission with one reviewer to include, but nothing is shown in the Add Reviewer page…
Any hint @UP_PFord ? By the way, I have sent the italian locale for the plugin in GitLab.
Best regards
Stefano

immagine

immagine

Hi Stefano, thanks so much for sending the Italian locale!

Are you using version 7.4 (or higher) of the plugin?

Hi @UP_PFord, thanks for your reply.
We are using the 0.7.4 version, it looks to me like it’s the last one.
Any hint?
Best regards,
Stefano

Hi Stefano,
Thanks for the Italian translation which has already been merged into the main project.
Regarding the issue, I have tested the plugin using OJS 3.2.1-4 and all were good.
I would say that the most probability is that the template cache is not showing the new changes, unless some plugins are overriding the form template (you can check that by disabling some plugins).

Screenshot from 2021-06-29 15-34-08
Regards
Salman

Hi.

Is this plugin compatible with OJS 3.3.x?

Best regards.

Hi @DiegoG,

Yes, it is compatible.

Best regards,
Pete

Great news!

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Diego

Is that possible to make it compulsory, that during submission author must fill in suggested reviewers?

Hi there - we did not build that functionality into the plugin, i.e. it is not possible to force authors/submitters to give suggestions using this tool.

Dear Sir,

I uploaded this plugin on Dec 17th and seems all working well in our OJS system 3.2.1.2, and my colleague uploaded a PDF to publish an article, then the page shows a lot of messy code. For solving the messy code I delete the plugin, and cannot enter in the installed plugins after deletion. Could you please help to advise how to handle this problem, many thanks!

BTW, the page is Application of Transformer-based Language Models to Detect Hate Speech in Social Media | Journal of Computational and Cognitive Engineering

Hi @user4,

Could you give more details about causing this issue (e.g. the form you used to upload the PDF and the steps you did to delete the plugin?

Dear Sir,

I just upload the PDF according to the publication workflow, then go to the admin page-setting-plugins-suggested reviewers plugin-DELETE, many thanks for the reply.

Hi @UP_PFord, Sorry, I have only come across your posting just today. Also, I did not see a not on this thread being closed, so I post. I think it is great that you have developed this plugin. I am far from having achieved technology competencies to install the plugin in ways you have seen in the forum. One missing semicolon in the php file and the whole journal can disappear… :slight_smile: It would be great to have PKP certify it as a plugin that it could be installed from the plugin gallery. We have recently upgraded to 3.3.0.11, and it is not included in the new version. Have you received any word from PKP about integrating this plugin in the OJS architecture?
Best regards,
–Arjun Sabharwal (@asabhar)

Hi @asabhar . Our aim is to get all of our public plugins in the gallery, where possible. We certainly want to add this one to the gallery but the demands of upcoming other work means that it will be delayed. Currently we don’t have a timeline for this, but please rest assured that it is definitely our intention, and we intend to dedicate resource to getting our plugins into the gallery when we can.
Best,
Pete

Thanks , Pete!

I will look forward to adding this plugin. Not being a technologists, I do not plan to take approaches that others in the thread have tried. Once it is available for 3.3.0.11, I will install and integrate it into our OJS. Best regards,
Arjun

Have installed this plugin with success. It’s great - thank you!

Can you add the functionality to make the input obligatory (during the submission process)?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Levi_Hoste, this was not part of the design that we had for the plugin, therefore we did not implement an option to make it mandatory.

@UP_PFord could you confirm whether this is intended plugin’s behaviour on a multi-journal install:

1. This is a site-wide plugin that can only be enabled/disabled by Administrator and is not visible to Journal Manager/Editor roles
  2. Enabling the plugin in 1 journal on the shared install enables it for all, same with disabling

Observing this behaviour on OJS 3.3.0.8 and 3.3.0.13 with a master branch plugin version.

Thank you.

Hi @MariyaM , I’ll reply instead of @UP_PFord

1- The plugin is a site-wide plugin, only the administrator can enable/disable the plugin, Journal Managers and Editors do not have the authority to enable or disable the plugin (it is not visible to them).
2- Enabling/disabling the plugin on one journal will affect the other journals.

This has been tested on OJS 3.3.0.14 with master branch plugin version 0.8.9 .

Thank you @TimW . Do you have a sense whether there are plans to make this into a regular journal-level plugin like most other plugins?

An admin-level plugin that can only be enabled/disabled across all journals would be an issue for multi-journal installs with individually managed journals (e.g. institutional or library-hosted installs).