Subtitle metadata

Hello good morning, I would like to know how I can make the subtitle metadata appear in the articles but not be retrieved as metadata by the bibliographic managers or databases.
Our journal will go into the post-publication peer review system and we need to use that space to clarify the review status.
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards. Javier González Argote
Editor-in-Chief

Hi @Salud_Ciencia_y_Tecn,

Interesting. Do you have an example of an article that you can link to? I suspect that this subtitle is being outputted to dublin core fields that are then being pickup up by the citation manager.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you very much for replying, I comment that I have created a temporary publication to show you how it is observed in OJS that is what we want, but then this subtitle is added to the title and retrieved as metadata, not independent but following the title as a colon and apart.
We want the subtitle to appear but not be retrieved as metadata.
Is this possible?
If not, do you have any plug in similar to Article Metadata Plugin that is free to access?
I remain attentive, best regards,
Prof. Dr. Javier González Argote

Hello @Salud_Ciencia_y_Tecn,

Thank you for doing up that example - it is now more clear to me what you mean by that. I think in order for the subtitle to be omitted (and thus not be usable by citation managers), you would need to modify the software code and make it so that the subtitle does not get added to the dc.title does not have the subtitle appended onto it, which could be tricky and have other implications, so I don’t know if there is an easy way to do this, unfortunately. There is the dublin core plugin in OJS, I’m not familiar with the Article Metadata plugin, but I don’t know that it would allow for the functionality that you are seeking in this case. I would welcome it if others had alternative approaches to address this.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks a lot for the answer.
Beast regard.
Javier Gonzalez

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.