Statistics download articles / OJS 3.2.1

Hi @NateWr,

Could you give me an email by private message so that I can send you these files? thank you and I look forward to it.

HI @gardbeat,

No, I’m not able to provide that level of support. You may need to seek further technical support, either through your service provider or by contracting out technical assistance.

Hi @NateWr,

I don’t know anyone who can help me, that’s why I write in this forum.

I have added to the hosting the files that you indicate (overwriting) and it continues the same.

Who could I talk to?

Hi.

I continue with the incident, after following the steps in @NateWr, it is not solved.

Can someone help me on what can cause the statistics to not count the visits to the PDF uploaded as galley?

HI @gardbeat,

I looked to see if we had any resources to help you find technical support, but the only thing we have is this FAQ on how to find free or affordable hosting. If you’re not based at an institution that provides publishing services, you may need to contract with a freelancer or agency that can provide technical support.

Hi @NateWr,

Sorry to contradict you, but my hosting is not to blame. This is a bug in this version of OJS 3.2.1 and therefore I ask for your help.

I have followed his steps and the error is not solved, why does it not count the PDF of the published number (under the new update), and if it does count the other clicked PDFs, which I uploaded with old versions of OJS.

I look forward to help from the PKP community. Thank you.

Hi @gardbeat,

It is not likely to be a problem with your hosting service itself, but in most cases the service provider that hosts the software is also the first point of contact for technical support. Some hosts will provide the kind of one-on-one support that you need, either as part of their services or for an additional fee.

At this point, I can not reproduce the issue that you’re facing myself and we have no other reports of this happening. For that reason, we’re not able to debug any further. You will need to find support that can access your system and diagnose the issue by inspecting the code and logs directly.

At PKP, we aim to make it possible to run our software with as little technical support as possible. But we always recommend that journals, presses or preprint servers have qualified technical assistance available when needed. We are working to compile a network of service providers who can offer this assistance, but it’s not available yet so I can’t recommend anyone in particular. However, if you search on Google you may be able to find some providers who are able to assist.

Hi @NateWr,

Talk to my hosting provider and he tells me that it is a failure (bug), the OJS system. Therefore, I put myself in your hands. Don’t you know anyone from the support group specialized in statistics? Or to be able to contact the developer of said statistics plugin, since everything points to a bug.

Or at least, to be able to offer me an alternative, to be able to upload the PDFs and have them registered by the statistics and be counted by the download graph of each article.