[SOLVED] Unable to add contributor in OJS 3.3.0.5

On a new and clean installation of OJS 3.3.0.5, any attempt to add a contributor results in the error “Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned.”. I tested it locally on MAMP for macOS before upload on my work server, and everything was fine there.

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 13.24.01

What ways can I localize where the error is?

OS platform - SunOS h1 5.11 11.4.31.88.5 i86pc
PHP version - 7.4.15
Apache version - Apache/2.4.46 (Unix) PHP/7.4.15 OpenSSL/1.0.2x
Database driver - mysql
Database server version - 5.7.32

P.S. In addition, I noticed that in the quickSubmit 1.0.6 plugin at the bottom of the form there are no radio buttons to select the type of article (published or not)

Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 13.37.33

Attempts to enable show_stacktrace = On and display_errors = On do not cause an effect, result are not visible on the browser screen

P.S. And unfortunately, access to Apache or PHP logs for me as an ordinary user is prohibited by the administrator’s policy

Hello @crosfield,

Thank you for providing these details in your post. Unfortunately, in order to pinpoint this issue, output from the PHP Error log will be required (see here for an example of a similar error: Ojs-3.3.0-3 Failed Ajax request or invalid JSON returned). If you could ask your administrator to provide that, we may be able to assist further.

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis!
Thanks for your replay! I was helped by the advice given in Error 500 while setting distribution OJS 3.2.0, so thanks to the help of our administrative team after enabling support for the gettext PHP extension on the server everything work perfectly now!

2 Likes