[Solved, thanks asmecher]OJS sign in fatal error/ 2.4.7-1 password reset not working

Hi @anzewill,

Do you have the output from the patch command? It should have changed the code as needed.

In any case, I tend to use the full package upgrade, even on modified installations. Patches can’t include binary files, like images, so a successful application of the patch upgrade process will occasionally miss binaries. If you generate a .diff file by comparing your modified installation to the stock 2.4.5, then try applying that patch to your new codebase, you’ll preserve modifications.

(For our own hosting at SFU, we’ve gone one step further and are using git to manage production installations. This permits a lot of flexibility when managing modified installations. But git can be a big learning curve too.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

I understand, i do not have output atm.

Is there a easy way to just solve the login problem? i can not login at the moment since i upgrade from the new xml again

Hi @anzewill,

You can try manually extending the password column of the users table to 255 characters and following the reset process – but I’d strongly recommend against simply going ahead with your current codebase if that gets password resets going again. I suspect you’ll have other problems that might be harder to disentangle.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher

Thank you very much!

Hi @asmecher

I have replaced all files except what we had modified under OJS DIR and that solved login and password reset problem.

Thanks again and wish you a happy new year, this post can be marked as solved now.