Single journal url .htaccess configuration

Hello @ctgraham

I’ve tried looking for the Journal Redirect settings but can’t really find it in the site administration page. The account role is journal manager.

Btw, as of now, redirecting to the aghamx journal is not an issue (if I’m not mistaken). Entering www.aghamx.com automatically redirects to aghamx.com/index.php/aghamx.

What I really wanted to do is more like cleaning the URL by eliminating index.php/aghamx so that all subdirectories would just appear as www.aghamx.com/* instead of www.aghamx.com/index.php/aghamx/*

I’m finding it hard to understand how mod rewrite works and I just followed a thread from the forum with the same problems. I’ve read these threads

You said here that

There is no mechanism in the software to create vanity URLs which automatically strip the RESTful context from pages, but you can create the URL rewrites by adding additional mod_rewrite rules, and then when adding links in the menu or in HTML you would need to manually reference those links. The pages would still be available at their original URI, and could be indexed as such if these links are crawled. I think this would get you 90% of the way there, though I think it would be a lot of effort for minimal benefit.

I now changed the lines into:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.aghamx.com$
RewriteRule ^$ http://www.aghamx.com/index [L,R=301]
did not work still. too many redirects

Would you suggest that I persist on having a vanity URL? Or just leave it as it is? But people would really prefer www.aghamx.com/ over www.aghamx.com/index.php/aghamx