Show all Author Name in Journal Website

In older versions of OJS there were a feature that is “Browse by Authors”. There, all the registered author lists were shown as well as we can browse to the articles through authors.
In OJS 3+ isn’t this feature enabled?

Hello @iftee_iit,

There has been some discussion about re-incorporating the “Browse-by” options into OJS 3 in future versions. @NateWr or @asmecher may wish to weigh in as to whether or not this might include authors when this feature is developed.

Best regards,

Roger

1 Like

Hi @iftee_iit,

The author browse is still included in OJS 3.x – just point your browser at …/search/authors. However, I’d recommend using ORCID as a more reliable way to disambiguate authors, and directing users to the ORCID page for an author when they want to see more of their work. The ORCID profile plugin can help with this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

139 / 5.000

Good morning, I also have the same problem I tried with:
index.php/search/authors
but it does not work.
What to do?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but we were just forced to block /search/authors because it’s being used for DDOS attacks. The SQL query isn’t well optimized so given enough calls can bring down your db service.

Hi @bart,

The author index has been removed starting with 3.3.0-15 (the next release) for exactly this reason; see googleSearch report a lot of slowpages linking to author's search · Issue #7183 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Ah perfect! Thanks @asmecher!
Time to update soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @bart,

The 3.3.0-15 releases are not out yet – but I’ll be scheduling them soon.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.