Settings > Workflow > Submissions Scroll down to Notification of Author Submissions is unavailable in ojs 3.2.1.3

Hello sir

• Settings > Workflow > Submissions
  • Scroll down to Notification of Author Submissions
    why Send a copy to the primary contact, identified in the Journal Settings.” if you wish for a copy to be sent to the primary contact email, is missing or not available …
    How to perform this task , if it is not available in new versions…
    Kindly help…thanks
    Regards
    Faisal

Hello @cosmosscholars,

Can you verify which version of OJS you are using?

-Roger
PKP Staff

Hello sir
Sir i am using 3.2.1.3…
Thanks
Regards

This is severely impacting the ability of our Editors to manage their journals as well

Any news on a potential fix (It’s urgent enough that I’m happy to make temporary codebase changes until this is fixed in a future patch)

Thanks

hello believedigital
Nothing dear, no fixes , response of PKP staff is very poor, so sad, as i have replied the one of the member about the version nearly 10 days ago, but no movement, just every thing is freeze… Kindly let me know if you find any solution…
Thanks

Hello sir
as i have said , i told you that i am using 3.2.1.3… version of ojs and now i have upgraded it to 3.0.0.3, as i simply told you that there is no option of block of email for submission notification…learning-ojs3.1-configure-submission-notification , means this Notification of Author Submission is not available …

Kindly " [rcgillis]" reply, as i am waiting … please soon

Hi @cosmosscholars,

A similar isssue has been discussed here: OJS 3.1, Notification of Author Submission not sending - #7 by mujiec - the issue was based on the user’s smtp settings on their server - not OJS. Perhaps you could check with your email service that you are using to see if it is operating correctly?

-Roger

Just to add to OPs comments, the issue is NOT that the email doesn’t send (so nothing to do with SMTP) it is that the OPTION to send these emails is no longer available - the tickbox literally doesn’t exist

Is there at least a database setting you can point me to so we can switch this on through the back-end in the meantime

Hi @believedigital,

Sorry, I was confused by some of the earlier posts, but I think I figured out what is going on here. From what I can tell this feature was removed, somewhere between 3.1 and 3.2, but there is an effort to add it back into the code in a future version: Re-add submission acknowledgement email recipient controls in Settings · Issue #6272 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. I’m not sure if there is an immediate fix or a database change that can be made, but @asmecher may be able to weigh in on this.

-Roger

Hi all,

The link Roger posted above is the correct place to watch for progress on this. The work is currently scheduled for release in OJS 3.3.1. You can see our public roadmap including estimated release dates here: https://pkp.sfu.ca/roadmap

If you can’t wait for this feature to be re-added, you can manually add a new address to the recipient list by editing classes/submission/form/SubmissionSubmitStep4Form.inc.php in the execute function – look for the following line of code as an example:

$mail->addRecipient($user->getEmail(), $user->getFullName());

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks Alex - we run multiple journals, so I assume we’d need to wrap this code change in a conditional based on journal ID for each of the different editors?

Hi @believedigital,

Yes, in the block of code you’re looking at the journal is referred to by $context. You can use $context->getPath() to refer to the URL slug, or $context->getId() to refer to the numeric ID (see the journals DB table for both).

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

Thanks Sir Asmecher and Believedigital
How to add this code, as you have said" add a new address to the recipient list by editing classes/submission/form/SubmissionSubmitStep4Form.inc.php in the execute function – look for the following line of code as an example:

$mail->addRecipient($user->getEmail(), $user->getFullName());
```"
But i am not very familiar with coding,, so can you help me to sort out this,, where to add this code, what should be the right code and place.. that it will look same as in previous versions.
Thanks
Faisal

Sir Kindly reply the query, as i have submitted it nearly 4 days ago…

Hi @cosmosscholars,

Modifying the code will require some knowledge of coding, I’m afraid; I can’t walk you through this in detail.

Regards,
Alec Smecher