Set issue publication date in advance of publication

Describe the problem you would like to solve
When creating a Future Issue, you can set the Identification metadata for issue (Vol, No, Year, Title) but you cannot set the publication date.
This causes a small issue for editors/assistants who are uploading archives of back issues. Currently, they can set the Identification metadata, but then they have to publish the issue and edit it after to set the correct Publication Date. It’s a small workaround, but still annoying.

Describe the solution you’d like
Request to modify the Create Issue input form to include the Date Published field that the editor could select prior to publication which would reduce the need to edit the Issue Publication Date after publication. This is a feature already available for articles where you can set the publication date under the Issue tab.

Who is asking for this feature?
Journal editors and assistants moving archives onto OJS would have a better user experience.

Additional information
OJS 3.3.

3 Likes

That is a useful feature. I upvote the request.

I upvote this request as well. We have a number of journals uploading back issues and running into trouble.

1 Like

Hi!

Yes that is a good idea! One vote from me as well! Also the feature to use a future date if you wish to publish the issue a specific date.

Further, we have also had problems when activating the “how to cite” plugin for digitized journals. If we use the publication date for online publishing the “how to cite”-information will be incorrect.

@eddoff

fyi Can't set the publication date of an issue before it is published · Issue #7165 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

1 Like

@ajnyga This would be very useful feature, can this be added to 3.4 release?

I am fairly sure it will be included in 3.4

1 Like